Bad directions+wrong turn=lucky mofo!!

Don Fiveolio

Apr 23, 2005
Houston, TX
So I'm cruising down the street to a job interview and I make a wrong turn in an area of town that I have never been to and what do I find.....
About 15 domestic auto salvage yards streching down a 2 mile street. And Stangs for sale EVERYWHERE.:eek: I haven't seen so many unowned foxes in one spot ever. It was like Stang heaven. I'm going back this weekend with a big ass truck. yup....

• Sponsors (?)

Must be nice...i went to a local yard this weekend looking for doors and every fox in the place was pretty well wrecked or rusted to hell and back. There were a bunch of coupes too, mostly 4 eye coupes but all were junk.

What I'm hoping to find is a five wheel rear disc brake setup a spare steering rack adn maybe some good interior pieces if I can find them. Considering how many yards there are in one spot, I'm bound to find something.:nice:

GT40XStang9 said:
Where, where and oh, where is it at?

I got first dibbs. I'll let you know after I make it back.:D

Strype, you'd love it here. There is a track just outside of the city.
http://www.houstonraceway.com/
There are at least 5 five road race tracks nearby and two more that I know are being built as we speak (some of them also double as drag strips). And there are foxes everywhere. I know 4 fox stangers that live within a mile of me. There's this one guy who owns a Mint Saleen Fox DD. A tear runs down my cheek when I see it every morning.

Hell, the only thing that is not cool about Houston is the humidity.

Strype said:
:(

I wanna live in Houston... we have a total of 3 Junk Yard fox bodies in North Alabama.
My dads friends dad... owns a large pasture and almost all of the salvage and abandoned cars go to him, I know he has like over 60 carsthat I saw in pics, a bunch of classic mustangs and a few foxes. If I ever got to this property, I'll be sure to hit you up if you need any parts, I know one 4 cyl he has has really good interior.

Dude, you gotta tell me where this is, im in shreveport, louisiana, and i have a bunch of parts im needing, and im not against the drive down there. Pm me if you dont want to reveal publicly :D

Yeah guys Houston is awesome for junkyard parts and mustangs. They are everywhere!

Don, I take take it you found Highway 249/Airline/Highway 6 area??
Junkyards as far as the eye can see, and most don't have a clue as to what an "explorer" swap is good for so prices are real low. We bought explorer upper/lower and "P" heads on our '86 347 for $200 total from a hispanic junkyard, killer deal.Fox's everywhere and cheap also.

ALSO: ALL HOUSTON AREA CAR ENTHUSIASTS.......

THE SECOND SUNDAY IN SEPTEMBER THERE WILL BE A GIGANTIC SWAP MEET FOR MUSCLECAR ENTHUSIASTS AT THE SAM HORSETRACK (OFF OF BELTWAY 8) .............BE THERE AND SELL ME SOME GO FAST PARTS!!!
:SNSign:

silvergt2001 said:
Yeah guys Houston is awesome for junkyard parts and mustangs. They are everywhere!

Don, I take take it you found Highway 249/Airline/Highway 6 area??
Junkyards as far as the eye can see, and most don't have a clue as to what an "explorer" swap is good for so prices are real low. We bought explorer upper/lower and "P" heads on our '86 347 for $200 total from a hispanic junkyard, killer deal.Fox's everywhere and cheap also.

ALSO: ALL HOUSTON AREA CAR ENTHUSIASTS.......

THE SECOND SUNDAY IN SEPTEMBER THERE WILL BE A GIGANTIC SWAP MEET FOR MUSCLECAR ENTHUSIASTS AT THE SAM HORSETRACK (OFF OF BELTWAY 8) .............BE THERE AND SELL ME SOME GO FAST PARTS!!!
:SNSign:

Man we should buy up all of the unk foxes and start our own fox yard. Thanks for the info about the swapmeet. Hey, you probably know Tony Toyz then huh?

Ive been to 3 junkyards in the past week and one didnt have any '87+ Mustangs, one only had 5 beat 2.3 Mustangs and the other had a few beat 2.3's and one really ragged out '89 GT.
None had the arm rest I need. (light gray)

There are a lot of yards along Shepherd Drive north of town, but very few Fox cars. They are mostly newer models. There are a few down south, Cullen drive area, along with 249 and that area. Plus there are the two Pick a Part yards. I usually look on www.car-part.com and can find some of the parts I need.