Bad drone with Magnaflow and DrGas, what should I get?

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by jbritt1234, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Flowmasters do NOT drone at all with a dr.gas..None...

Jason,lets weld some cats in..That will kill the drone and wont hurt you to much on performance.

2. The flows drone horribly.

You may want to look at the FRPP catback 2-1/2" pipes. It will sound similar to the Magnaflows, but no drone. However the FRPP will be somewhat quieter than the Magnaflows.
  3. I dunno about everyone else but i like being loud.. nothing better than sitting at a light and getting revved on but then returning a much louder meaner rev. I like muy magna catted x and 1 chambers.. :banana:
  4. :OT:
    Do you know which is louder - Magnapacks or 1 chamber Flows?
  5. I haven't ever heard the packs but just a guess im thinking the 1 chambers would be louder. 1 chambers are a race muffler, b/c some classes require a race muffler so they designed the 1 chamber b/c it was the least they could get by with. :shrug:
  6. I installed the bassani baffles and they helped to tone down the drone. I'm going to experiment with different sound material in the baffles to see if I can get them a little quieter. Before I got the baffles I was thinking about trying some Dynomax race bullets that might fit in the space of my magnaflow tips. Summit Racing has them, I think they are about $45 each. Bassani sells their baffles for $35 each (side) I believe.