Bad Experience Summitracing Customer Support

Not a Jegs fan at all.... Their website is one of the worst. The commercial account through them is even worse (Buckeye) They are stuck in 1990 and have a paper catalog with dealer pricing. Get with the times Jegs!

• Sponsors (?)

Jegs website is too hard to use. I did get my heads through them cause I think they were a little cheaper. I like Summit and Latemodel. I get stuff almost next day with Summit, which is nice.

I actually like to order from jegs. Usually takes 2 days to get here, and they deliver with fedex so I can get the package on a saturday also unlike summit with UPS. Had minor issues over time with both company's and they both straightened the problems out very quickly. Even placed a order with summit one week, got a 10% off coupon code the next and they credited my account.

I just bought a set of TFS valve springs from summit and found the kit was missing 1 of the locks for a valve, I called Summit and they sent me 2 pair of locks when I only needed 1, sent it out quick and I had it in 2 days. I had also ordered a set of freeze plugs which the pic showed 8 but the kit only has 6, I didn't read the item description which said it only had 6 so I ordered a second set and they sent it out without any freight charge.........I'd say Summit has really good customer service and good prices as well. When I ordered the valve spring kit I had a 15% off coupon thru ebay but Summit didn't have the kit on ebay, I emailed them and they put the kit on ebay and I saved $24.

I just took a screwing from AM. Must be something in the air.

i ordered a wing, when i opened the brake light was cracked, it was their last one when i called sent RMA they got it, i know because i tracked it. next day it was available on their site, hmmmm... 3 weeks and no credit to my card yet... no more American Muscle for me.....have to sic visa on them now.....

i called them again yesterday "someone forgot" to credit my card back.... anyway the guy on the phone was nice, i was nice, no hassle... need to check my balance to see if its there but assume it is... guess its one of those gotta stay on top of or well.....

Just got off the phone with AM. Crediting me for the shipping. I'm good with that. He did tell me that when ordering wheels and tires the garuntee on the 2 or 3 day shipping isn't garunteed. Told him maybe they ought to put that on the website somewhere easy to read. Probably there, buried under 1000 other things a laywer came up with.

I just bought a set of TFS valve springs from summit and found the kit was missing 1 of the locks for a valve, I called Summit and they sent me 2 pair of locks when I only needed 1, sent it out quick and I had it in 2 days. I had also ordered a set of freeze plugs which the pic showed 8 but the kit only has 6, I didn't read the item description which said it only had 6 so I ordered a second set and they sent it out without any freight charge.........I'd say Summit has really good customer service and good prices as well. When I ordered the valve spring kit I had a 15% off coupon thru ebay but Summit didn't have the kit on ebay, I emailed them and they put the kit on ebay and I saved $24.

Yes... they deal in volume. I've been very happy to see that they understand what that means. They DO NOT seem to quibble over a couple of bucks here and there if it means getting you back into their catalog.

Summit seems to take a hit just for the sake of customer service..I wonder what the profit margin is in the auto parts industry?

Terrible if you're trying to make your fortune on every piece. @MRabun could probably tell you how often they get in trouble by manufacturers for selling too low.

Reactions: 1 user