Fuel Bad Fuel Pump?

stang98gt

Oct 1, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Ok, so my car has been sitting in a barn for about 3 months now as i have been driving a different car to save money to buy new wheels/tires for the stang. (98 gt) I went and started it up about 3 weeks ago just to get the juices flowing so to speak. started right up no problems, ran fine for about 10 mins before i shut her off and went back home. well as of today i have gotten wheels and tires put on there and when i went to start it all it did was roll over. after checking a couple things i realized the pump was not making any noise when key was turned forward. CCRM and Fuel pump fuse are both fine, it has 3/4 of a tank in which i also added fuel system cleaner. Any ideas on what could cause my pump to randomly not turn on?? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

When dealing w/electronics anything and everything can happen when age combine with use is a factor;
you need to confirm that you are getting power to the Fuel Pump Module then work your way backwards.

Is that the original Fuel Pump and how many miles is on that fuel-pump?

smack the tank with your hand it might start to spin. i would check the connecter for power first. you will need help with that one. it will cycle for only 2 seconds when key first goes on.