Fuel Bad Fuel Pump?

GoldenEagle91

Dec 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have recently begun having problems with keeping my car running if I come to a stop in quicker manner or if I take a turn with speed faster than a crawl. I believe I may have trashed the mechanical fuel pump on my car but I do not know. There have been a two times that the car has cut out on me from lack of fuel in the tank and now it is beginning to do it if I'm driving and one of the 2 things mentioned above happens. The car also sounds as if it wants to die if I'm cruising down the highway and push the clutch in to shift up or down. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know what your thoughts are. I believe these mech fuel pumps are "pullers" versus "pushers" so I can only think of this being the problem but I'm not positive.

P.S: The car will also smell as if its running rich when I come to a stop faster.

Andrew

• Sponsors (?)

No info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good Stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.