bad habits you have when working on your car

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by carbed87, Jan 31, 2007.

1. carbed87

carbed87 New Member

i was just wondering if there are anybad habits you guys do when working on your cars. mine is always leaving the wheel lock on the last lug that i tighten and just throw the center cap back on and get freaked the hell out a few days later by some wierd noise coming from my wheel. lol that and i always seem to accidentally set my screwdrivers down on the battery the wrong way, causing the screwdriver to bridge the terminals. so kinda stuff do you guys do (or maybe im just a clumsy pos)
  2. Ozz

Ozz I think I have a problem here. Founding Member

Banging knuckles, dropping **** in the engine bay, throwing ratchets/wrenches and yelling F-bombs.

I've found that listening to Tom Petty keeps me pretty calm while out there wrenching, so I've listened to nothing but that for the past year's worth of work :rlaugh:
  3. 25thmustang

25thmustang Advanced Member

I lose track of every damn tool and part... I also like to do stuff fast, and misplace nuts, bolts and screws!
  4. mustangjoe87

mustangjoe87 Member

Sometimes I get in a rush and jump under the car without jack stands
  5. 1SLO306

1SLO306 My 97 GTP owns you ALL!

I love the F bombs:SNSign:
  6. DMAN302

DMAN302 My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.

-I can't walk away from the car till she's done....I will continue WAY too long on a project until the job is finished. This can make working on the car less than enjoyable sometimes.

-My yellow lab ALWAYS sits next to me when I'm working/cleaning her and I more often than not end up having full on conversations with him about damn near anything.
  7. carbed87

carbed87 New Member

thats awsome dman, i wish my dog was into cars. all she does is throw the pillows off of the couch and bark at kids lol
  8. 85ragtop

85ragtop Deputy Dawg Man woods surround my offic

I don't know when to walk away. I have been known to to work on it all night.
  9. fox racer

fox racer Member

i get ahead of myself. Ill put a tool down, do something, then spend 10 minutes looking for that socket. i end up borrowing my neighbors, do the job, then find mine lol.
  10. DMAN302

DMAN302 My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.

Yeah it's nice...but untill just a few months ago I was unaware that the other one was stealing every tool he could carry...I thought I was going crazy...litterally spending hours looking for screwdrivers and wrenches I THOUGHT I had left in the bay. He was taking them inside and putting them behind the couch....WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT>?????????????/
  11. PJB

PJB New Member

Im always losing my tools or laying on top of them.
  12. LS-what?

LS-what? Founding Member

OMG this is me once I got off work @ 4 o clock in the evening and worked on my car until I heard my little girls school bus the following morning..:nice:
  13. MustangGT95

MustangGT95 New Member

My favorites. I am the same way. I will work on something for 24 straight hours if I have to. I worked on getting my old Z28 from 7pm to 7am one day before school. But I got the motor finished and drove it to school with the 350.
  14. niklid05

niklid05 New Member

same... or when I break something and I am already ****ed, I end up throwing it down the alley.
  15. 85ragtop

85ragtop Deputy Dawg Man woods surround my offic

:rlaugh: I have done the same thing. I'll get my trans soon and I'll be up all night.
  16. 90_Red_LX

90_Red_LX Member

Mainly dropping crap and having to raise it back up to find it, and overreacting when I am having problems.

Also murphys law applies to me when I work on my stuff. If something goes wrong when I try to add something, it does. Once I'm through it works good, but it seems like it takes me forever just to do a fairly simple task like the intake swap.
  17. 25thmustang

25thmustang Advanced Member

I need some of you all night guys to help me. I get a good 4-5 hour string (depends on what Im doing really) but then run out of steam and motivation and quit. I just got done for tonight at 12:00, but plan to work all tomorrow!
  18. stykthyn

stykthyn Commander of the snuggie cultists

losing sockets,losing bolts, losing temper, dropped an f-bomb on my son once. I feel bad about that one
  19. fastfox86

fastfox86 Member

I'm always leaving at least one tool underneath the hood and I'll find it a day later when I open the hood back up. Thankfully I always set them in places where they won't dent the hood fromt the underside. Once, I left my keys under there and was looking all over hell and creation for them that night and finally used the spare. A couple days later I open up the hood and boom there they are.
  20. 86bluecobra

86bluecobra Advanced Member

My worst habit while working on my car is drinking to many beer while i'm modding it.