BAD High rpm vibration

fox04

Mar 6, 2011
augusta, ga
My car has a bad vibration above abt 4500-5000 rpm when driving. It doesnt do it sitting stll and reving just when driving. Ive only really noticed it under wot in 3rd gear and 4th. 1st an 2nd just spin too bad i guess. I notice that on my harmonic balancer the rubber boot its missing and torn off. Will this cause it to vibrate? Do i need to replace it amediatly ? I havent really checked my drive shaft or anything else. Should i go ahead and put innew joints when i do my clutch install since its gonna be out anyways

• Sponsors (?)

If it doesn't do it while parked and not in gear, it's not the balancer, BUT if the balancer appears to be screwed up, replace it immediately, a bad balancer will destroy and engine.

When you do the clutch install make sure to get a new flywheel, and if you have the money get an aluminum driveshaft. That should fix your problems (and is worth it's weight in gold).
Only other thing that could cause it is tire balancing.

If it doesn't do it while parked and not in gear, it's not the balancer, BUT if the balancer appears to be screwed up, replace it immediately, a bad balancer will destroy and engine.

When you do the clutch install make sure to get a new flywheel, and if you have the money get an aluminum driveshaft. That should fix your problems (and is worth it's weight in gold).
Only other thing that could cause it is tire balancing.

Sorry for the wrong info. but it DOES do it in nuetral and not in gear also. So balancer is most deff is the issue. Will it cause it to jump time and run like crap and jerk around while driving?

Sorry for the wrong info. but it DOES do it in nuetral and not in gear also. So balancer is most deff is the issue. Will it cause it to jump time and run like crap and jerk around while driving?

Are you 100% sure it's a vibration and not a miss?

If it is the balancer, get it fixed immediately, a ford racing replacement is only like $85. I would not drive the car in the mean time, a bad balancer causes permanent internal damage to the engine.

Are you 100% sure it's a vibration and not a miss?

If it is the balancer, get it fixed immediately, a ford racing replacement is only like $85. I would not drive the car in the mean time, a bad balancer causes permanent internal damage to the engine.

Its deff. a vibration. Car is parked in garage and not movin. Going first thing tmrw and just going to get a stock one from the parts store unit i order a better one cause this is my dd. Glad i caught it in time. Any advice on the swap.

Its deff. a vibration. Car is parked in garage and not movin. Going first thing tmrw and just going to get a stock one from the parts store unit i order a better one cause this is my dd. Glad i caught it in time. Any advice on the swap.

A ford racing stock replacement may be available locally at your ford dealer. It may not say ford racing on the box, but it's still the same.
If you gave me a chain store balancer for free i wouldn't take it.

A ford racing stock replacement may be available locally at your ford dealer. It may not say ford racing on the box, but it's still the same.
If you gave me a chain store balancer for free i wouldn't take it.

ok i literally live abt a mile from a ford dealer so ill try there. Will there be any issue in timing after i swap em ive never done one nor know how to time the motor.

ok i literally live abt a mile from a ford dealer so ill try there. Will there be any issue in timing after i swap em ive never done one nor know how to time the motor.

No timing issues should occur. The balancer has a keyway on it so it will only go on one way.
You are going to need a balancer puller tool though.