bad IAC symptoms?

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
Can someone gimmie few example of bad IAC symptoms? mine went last year, and it dies compleately. u start the car up, and dies immidiatelly. This time around year later, i'm having serious idle hang up, and rather high idle probrem. i figure it has to be either IAC or TPS. But i'm trying to narrow probrem befor i go buy replacement parts.

• Sponsors (?)

the TPS could be the problem.. mine broke and the day it broke they were hanging and reving up at idle and what not. The spring inside it broke and when that happened it wouldn't do much at all, it would actually go into all gears except 4th.. and then it wouldn't do anything at all, so we flashed it back to the stock tune and it couldn't do anything in first at that point.

on another note.. do IAC's hum when they're going bad? I have a humming noise from my engine and i HATE it.

funny u mension that, because i've noticed sort of humming-from engine i take it-when i was coasting, gear not engaged, and not giving gas. very momentary, and happens infrequently. but when it does humm, hanging RPM say around 1800rpm coasting at 35mph, while gear is in nutral, RPM would drop to where it needs to be. sort like "hummmm..... hummmmm....hummmmm", and as it does this, RPM would drop while humming, and go back up when it stop humming, then repeat that.. any idea?

I'm going to try new IAC tomorrow. now when your TPS broke? did it sjow .97V at TH blade on closed postion? because mine is right at 0.97V, hense i'm going to try IAC first

nice lookling car BTW. but my hum i'm talking about isn't like that. its almost as if something is chocking the intake. sort like accubrake on big truck. but quite.

I wish i ahve better way of explain

the hum I have now doesn't sound like that, it's just a constant hum at idle, sounds kinda like when a bearing is going out of a fan or something :shrug: and thanks :nice: