Bad Taste Mustang Mods

Shakerhood

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
Ohio
What Mods do you see done to a Mustang that just makes your Skin Crawl? 2 off the top of my head are 4 Lug Cobra Replicas and cutting holes in the Rear Bumper Cover for exhaust pipes to come through.

• Sponsors (?)

I think everyone remembers where I stand on 4 lug Cobra R's. :lol:

Another thing is clear tail lights/euro tails.

Big wings

Crappy body kits

Notchs' with any body kit

4 eyes turned into Areos

Brightly painted drum brakes

A dirty Fox

PoopDawg said:

Big wings

Crappy body kits

4 eyes turned into Areos

A dirty Fox

I didnt even think of the Ricey stuff when I made the Thread, Clear Tail lights Wings and Body Kits also fit right in there with those Silly Cobra 4 Lug Wheels.

Some cant afford to do the 5lug conversion kit.
I personally did not want the Cobra's on mine because it is to common. I instead went with 4-lug Saleen. I think it looks good. Those are the 1st thing people notice and like with my GT. I also went with a Cobra wing, but dont have Cobra badges and wont even think about trying to pass as a Cobra. I like it better than the factory wing.
Now with the clear lights, alum wings NAH. I like a clean looking stang. None of this off the wall crap.
One thing I dont like is someone with the no where near close correct tire size. Hate the holes in the rear bumper for the tailpipes. O and no BUMPER STICKERS or stickers on windows.

PoopDawg said:

Big wings

Crappy body kits

4 eyes turned into Areos

A dirty Fox

All of that, and I would like to add, 25" cowl hoods on stock motor cars.

Someone mentioned body kits on notches, I agree, but it's about time to retire DECH kits on ANY stang. Sorry guys, but i've had it with the dech kit and ROH rim combo, damn, it's so 90's.

Well my cousin slapped on a fake 1982 scoop on his 95 :puke:

Any form of altezza tail lights

1 piece headlights aren't doing it for me

"Mustang" wording on the windshield

GT ground effects on a Notch :nono:

That ugly ass bumper from Mr.Bodykit :puke: :puke:

20" wheels :lol:

There's a few I usually can't stand, but oftentimes they really do flow well with the car. Things I can not look past:

PoopDawg said:
clear tail lights/euro tails.
Big wings
Crappy body kits

ditto those, plus:

-Rims w/more than 5 spokes (unless it's a split 5-spoke)

-chrome fender/door trim (hello Pep Boys)

-holes cut out of the rear bumper for pipes (semi-circles are ok if done right)

-side exhaust without matching side skirts (hello '80s)

-Racing/sport seats in color that don't match the rest of the interior

-bright or chrome wire loom in the engine bay (cheesy beyond belief)

-4-lug Saleen rims (Cobras never bothered me, I think the contours of the spokes took away from the lug holes, whereas the Saleen rims do NOT)

-block-letter stitching on interior (if you're going to make the effort, make it look like it's supposed to be there and you didn't have it run off at the mall on sale)

That's all I've got right now :)

edit: anything that looks like it was just thrown on and not picked out specifically 'for' the car. At least in show cars, anyway, it's cheap and boring, and shows little effort.

Boss 351 said:
Well my cousin slapped on a fake 1982 scoop on his 95 :puke:

Any form of altezza tail lights

1 piece headlights aren't doing it for me

"Mustang" wording on the windshield

GT ground effects on a Notch :nono:

That ugly ass bumper from Mr.Bodykit :puke: :puke:

20" wheels :lol:

I'd never heard of MrBodyKit.com until just now. I checked it out and.... OMG is that terrible. I hope I never see a real fox wearing that kit. :nonono:

I dont understand why everybody hates the 4 lug r's? I think it shouldnt matter cause not everybody can afford a 5 lug conversion and the rims to go along with it. and whats the deal with hating cowl hoods? Most people with an up graded motor dont even need them as most peoples cars are EFI. I personally dont care what people do to their cars if its not in my taste i look away but i dont go online bashing everything. There a seriously a bunch of haters on this site.