Balancer/Dampener Install... won't go on.

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I bought a Romac balancer and I am trying to install it. It only seems to go on so far and then gets really stiff. I got it on the groove after a little fighting but it doesn't want to move any more. The bolt and washer won't reach yet. Any tips or tricks on doing this install or did they machine the hole too small? The stocker almost slides right on... WTF

Any help would be aprecaited.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, y'all. I have a puller, but not an installer. It's pissing me off, It's not that big of a deal, why won't it just slide on there. My car was only down for 2 days for the cam, but four just for the balancer. The big stuff, I do just fine, but it's the little stupid things that hang me. Same thing at work, they give me a big ticket with something like "R&R intake manifold" "tune up on minivan" no biggie, but "install heater hose" I'm stuck. Sorry, just had to rant.

Thanks for the replies, I used a Blue-Point (snap-on) installer and it went on so easy it made me laugh. All that fighting and cussing, why, because I didn't have one tool, making me a tool.

LMAO, reminds me of the time it took me 2 hours to change the upper rad hose on a friends 95 GT because all i had with me was a screwdriver and those stupid sn95's have those hose clamps that u squeeze together to open. Sad Sad day, i set automotive mechanics back 20 years that day. Finally gave up and went and bought good screw tight clamps.