BANG FOR MY BUCK

DURRETT

Jun 16, 2007
I JUST BOUGHT A 91 GT,FOR 4000 DOLLARS IT ALREADY HAS UNDERDRIVE PULLY,COMPLETE EXHUST WITH X-PIPE,B&M SHIFTER,SPORTCOMP TACH,MSD IGNITION AND THE TIMING HAS BEEN BUMPED TO 12,WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD THAT WILL GIVE ME THE MOST BANG FOR MY BUCK

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, if you have no budget, put a stroker motor in there and add some forced induction. People with no budget don't go around asking what the "best bang for the buck" is.

What are your plans with the car? Give us an idea of what you want, we can't read your mind.

Heads/cam/intake, a supercharger, a turbo, tight suspension, etc. There's not that much to do to these things.

Im not saying that i dont have a budget,this is my first mustang i was just looking for some easy upgrades that i could do myself

Dont really have budget ,just got the car looking for ideas it also has a bbk intake

:shrug:

I hope you aren't wondering why I have no clue what you want to do ;)

Give us a ballpark figure - $500? $1500? Again, what are your GOALS with the car? Some suggestions you get might not be worth it for your intended purposes for the car.

Wow, quit being a dick. Leave the guy alone. He is just looking for suggestions. Go with basic bolt on items first. headers, exhaust, maybe a tune up, throttle body and space, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, maybe an msd or similar ignition, flex fan, injecotrs, mass air meter, rear upper and lower control arms. That will get you started fairly nice. You can get some big gains for $400-$500 dollars. Some sites sell packages that will save some money since you are looking for bang for the buck.

Sigh...

He has exhaust. He said that in the first post. I suggest gears, which he never said he had in the first place, then said that he did. Give me a break.

He says he "has no budget" so I say put a $15K motor in the car. Stupid answer, sure, but he leaves it WIDE OPEN. All I asked was "what are your goals with the car". If he wants a 300RWHP he can put an A-trim and an intake on what he has now, and accomplish that. If he wants a 500RWHP car and never says so, half the things people suggest are going to be worthless to him.

People are going to come in here and tell him to put in Eibach sport springs, and for all we know he wants to build a drag car. Or on the flipside someone may come in and suggest Lakewood drag suspension and the dude wants a street car.

Do you see my point or what? All I'm trying to get out of the guy is

WHAT

ARE

THE

PLANS

FOR

THE

CAR?

I think it's awesome he's got his first Mustang and I'd be happy to suggest some ideas his way. But I'm not going to say "get injectors and a MAF, and a TB" because that most likely means nothing to him. He's new to Mustangs so he probably hasn't got much experience with their parts. Besides, we all know you don't just throw injectors on without planning the rest of your setup, and without stepping up anything major on his car larger injectors are pointless anyway. Except for expansion later on, but that's not even the subject right now. On top of that, if you're going to suggest parts you may as well suggest specifics. 65mm or 70mm TB, 87mm MAF, etc. for instance. Some sizes in some parts don't work on all applications and not knowing his plans for the car will make things very complicated.

:shrug:

Regarding budget, sorry but I tend to live in reality unlike a lot of people here. People will walk in here and suggest HCI, but maybe the guy has but $500 to play with. Lot of good that's going to do when everyone says to go for an HCI project, right? RIGHT. You tell me how requesting his budget for his build is being a dick and I'll shut up.