BANG FOR MY BUCK

no one is being a dick, its just questions like these have been answered and beaten to death so many times that its almost not worth answering anymore. If you are serious about your car you are serious about your money, you will do some research before you start spending it the way some people on a website tell you. A quick search will reveal anything you might want to know about 'bolt on' upgrades and like some people have already mentioned the bigger the budget the faster you will go.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not even about not researching, we're all new once and the best way to learn is asking the guys who know. I'm very thankful I was able to learn a lot that way too.

But when one is asked to give your budget and goals by someone who knows the ins and outs of such things, it's only in their best interest to think about it enough to give an honest answer. One minute he said "no budget" (I quoted it), the next he said "well it's not that I don't have a budget" (I quoted that too). Well that alone gives me two completely different trains of thought; one of which will be worthless to him and one which could help build his dream car. And I know everyone else here has the same thoughts going once they hear price numbers.

If he has NO budget, suggesting he does "a tune up and an MSD" is ridiculous. If he has a $500 budget, suggesting an HCI and a blower is out of the question.

That's my only point - I'm not a dick. Everyone here can attest to that except maybe the guy above who just called me one.

:shrug:

One other thing - People like 25thmustang are running in the TWELVES on a stock motor with some port and tweek work done on the components. That's pretty damn good and way better than spending thousands on parts to do end up with the same result.

If we're simply told "I want to run in the 12s with a nearly stock engine", then right away we have a plan: talk to 25thmustang and get some tips ;)

Maybe he wasn't quite dick like yet but he was getting there. Maybe this kid doesn't even care about doing anything to the car maybe he just want to see the options. Looks to me like he got scared off. Patronizing him isn't the way to do it. And I dont know about you but I tune up every car I buy. That is the first thing I do. You dont know the condition of those parts. Looks aren't always a tell tale sign. You have to assume this is his primary mode of transportation by the way he talks. And a 347 with a twin turbo set up is not ideal. All I am saying is be a little more patient, he is most likely a young one. I completly agree that clarification is needed, and bang for the buck is very broad, he also said that he was doing it him self.

My point in the suggestion was to help explain why the info given wasn't really helping us much for his benefit. I SAID why, it went apparently unnoticed, so I thought showing him exactly why I said what I said was important may help.

I wasn't getting there. I'm not like that. And if you want to see patronizing, venture to some other threads and look at what other people say and do all day long here. I may get bored on the weekends sometimes but I always have something better to do than pick on people for no good reason.

This whole thread is ****ed six ways from Sunday by now anyway. :crazy: