baseline numbers

tag4car

Nov 21, 2005
Birmingham AL
247.6 rwhp 298.2 rwtq with mods below
i used a calculator by r.a.c.e systems that converted to flywheel #'s 285fwhp and 374fwtq

i was hoping for some number around 250, It turned out pretty well, a/f stayed right in the good range ending at 12.8

on a side note my friends 00' police interceptor with a k&n fipk and diablo chip hit 226

joey

• Sponsors (?)

numbers are pretty strong for the mods you have. Don't rely on your "calculator"... find a good N/A formula and do the math yourself. The formula does change depending on the HP put down and how it's put down.

Mine were about the same with a K&N, Pro-Chamber, and flows. Temprature had a lot to do with your numbers too though. I'd like to see the graph with the A/F and Temp on the sheet.

Looks like the drive train loss for an automatic trans was used for a manual. 375.09 FlyWheel torque with 20.5% drive train power loss is 298.2 at the rear wheels. Simple Math. :D The real question is 20.5% loss for a manual trans? :shrug: While 284.6 FWHP with 13% drive train power loss is 247.6 at the rear wheels.

45 is a low enough temp to give a few extra ponies over the average Dyno sheet. I think it's safe to say most people Dyno at 60-80 degrees in the bay.

Also did you average al of your runs or did you pick the best run, or the best numbers from different runs (yes some people do this)?

I think the most accurate way is to average your HP and TQ numbers from all 3 (or more) runs and use that as your base.

Power curve wise it won't make a difference since you'll see where the gains are.

i got the average of 3 pulls, it was a just by chance event that i did it, a friend called me and asked if i wanted to come watch his pulls and they asked me if i wanted to strap it down before everyone left. It's a dynojet research brand if that's important. according to my graph peak hp was around 4800 rpm. i am rather pleased with the rwhp rwtq numbers.