Basement Renovation

93 teal terror

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
Durham N.C.
Just thought I'd share some progress pics of my basement remodel. This is where all my stang mod money has been going recently. My dads helped out alot but I'm doing most of the work myself.

Its come a long way but it never can get done quick enough. I started out with water/mildew problems, a ceiling that was 6'11" due to duct work being run in a soffit in the middle of the room. I gutted it all and waterproofed. Then built a new soffit right as you walk in the room so it feels a lot bigger and you don't notice it. Once I finish all the wiring, then its sheetrock and ordering the cabinets which will consist of bookshelves, bar, desk, etc.

Heres some before pics. Quite a few are dark but notice the funky fake brick paneling :hail2:

View attachment 334184
View attachment 334186
View attachment 334188
View attachment 334190
P1030221.jpg

During Demo

View attachment 334194

View attachment 334196

Starting some HVAC work
P1050169.jpg

P1050171.jpg

P1050172.jpg

Framing Work
P1050720.jpg

P1050721.jpg

P1050722.jpg

P1050723.jpg

Where I'm at now. The speakers in the ceiling are Bose wall/ceiling mount. 4 of those will be hooked up
DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

View attachment 334217
View attachment 334219
View attachment 334221

• Sponsors (?)

Looks very good, we did the same thing, now its a game room. Depending on the purpose of your room, you should do what I did......I took an old pair of Holley valve covers I had laying around, put some brads in the wall, hang them up and use them as a model car display. Your room looks real good, do you do this kind of stuff for work? Looks professional.:nice:

Thanks,

I'm an engineer so Ive seen alot of this type of work but I dont actually do it. My dad has been building/remodeling homes for 35 years so hes been a tremendous help. He'll get me started on one aspect of it and I'll go from there.

The goal is for it just to be a family/den type room but one you could throw a party in if you wanted to. Hold on Ill paint in the bar

Man that is sweet! Can't wait to see it done. I have half my basement fully finished. The other half is a storage/wash/workout room. Keep the pics coming!!

Thanks, I'll keep updating as I go along. Progress has been slow but hopefully as I see the end in sight I'll start moving faster. I did some work this weekend. Got all the old outlets cut out (probably $20 worth of copper in that old wiring) and 2 can lights up and wired. I'll take some more pics when the wiring is finished. My dad is drawing up the shop drawing for the cabinetry and once that is sent to the cabinet guy, its a race to finish sheetrock before they are done.

Definately sell the copper!! It is always in demand. I will post pics of mine tonight for you...I didn't want to do it earlier and steal the thread. I hope my pics will push you to work harder!!!:D

Nice you ve the intake plate I have needed for about 6 years now on your counter...

Looking good guys, I might start a progress thread of my bedroom. Going to town on i, make it a little classier. Don't ask me why, I plan to move out within a year, but hey enjoy the time I'm here right? :D