Basement Renovation

hey - looks great. funny this thread comes back up, because my basement waterproofing is finishing up this week and i'll be starting on mine this weekend (1040 sq ft, totally bare right now). i don't even have steps going down there, so i have to cut some in and shorten one of our spare bedrooms upstairs to make room.

did you do all the drywall finishing yourself? if you did, it looks professional! nice job.

• Sponsors (?)

The drywall, carpet and cabinets are going to be the only things I'm hiring someone to do. The drywall guy did such a crappy job, I spent 4 or 5 days redoing his "finish" work. Several places you could still see the tape. This guy had been sniffin way to many fumes over the years. I had to tell him 6 times where I lived. :shrug:

Good luck with yours, hopefully you get it done sooner than mine. It's taken me right at 2 years to finish :rlaugh:

Looking good. Those cabinets do NOT look cheap. They look really really nice. Can't wait to see more!!

:rlaugh: Thanks, no they were definately not cheap...Ill put it this way, I could have H/C/I and an SC in the stang for what they cost. But, they did a great job and were far cheaper than Lowe's or some of the other guys. A couple of real nice country boys made them. They have a little shop about 10 miles away and make them all one set at a time.

I think the future Mrs. and I are going to go look at some granite places today for the countertop. I'm going to try and find a piece of scrap someone has laying around in hopes it will be cheaper

Custom made too...damn...that's the best way...I knew they were quality just from a pic...they must be amazing in person.

As far as granite....yeah go for the scrap peices. Hopefully they have enough of one style, because you have a lot of cabinets. I priced a peice for my bathroom. 45X23 with 3 back splashes, a sink cutout, with the sink, and a 3 hole faucet cut out was like 430ish installed. They had huuge selections of scrap and huge peices of scrap. You should have some luck! Let me know what you get.

Finally got the carpet installed today. Its finally almost done after nearly 2 years. The countertop for the bar and the beams will have to wait until I can find a job again which doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. For the time being we are going ahead and moving in down here. I can just move the furniture when I get ready to cover the beams. I'm moving on to the master bathroom now, I've still got plenty in there I can do for free/cheap. Got plenty of studs left, so that should keep me busy. Its like we got a bigger house today. We have never even sat in this room since we moved in 2 years ago. Same goes for the master bath.

P1100563.jpg

P1100564.jpg

P1100566.jpg

P1100567.jpg

P1100568.jpg

P1100569.jpg

Attachments

• P1100563.jpg
    P1100563.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 23
  • P1100564.jpg
    P1100564.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
  • P1100566.jpg
    P1100566.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 27
  • P1100567.jpg
    P1100567.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 33
  • P1100568.jpg
    P1100568.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P1100569.jpg
    P1100569.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 30
I noticed your stairs once had rug on them, now they are a beautiful wood. Was that wood underneath and you just had to sand em out?

Lookin real good!!! :nice:

Man I wish, nope just pine stairs. I took all the treads/risers off and put red oak in their place. That was part of the reason the basement took so long. Way to many side projects that kept getting in the way. One of thse days I'll be done with this house and have time/money to put into the stang. I still drive it 3 days a week to class, but its showing its age. On my list of things for the house....redo the kitchen, hardwood floors in the dining room, redo master bath.,Add french doors in the master bedroom and put a new roof on.

Wow, that looks good. :nice: I love granite. My parents did both bathroom countertops in that!!

That basement has come a long way. I bet you can't wait to get some martini, beer, wine, margarita glass sets in those cabinets and some nice liquor bottles on the back edge of that countertop!! That will look badass!

Thanks guys, yeah we already bought a bar starter kit of sorts with martini, beer, shot glasses and a strainer. Im thinking about making something on the right to hang under the glass cabinet to hang glasses from. Also plan on getting a mirror above the backsplash at some point. I loved that color of granite. It just happened that the guy was making tops for a kitchen in that kinda and had some extra left over. Total it was $730 installed which I didnt think was too bad of a price. The color was supposed to be peacock but he said they changed it to "uba tuba" but I couldnt tell a difference

Thanks guys, yeah we already bought a bar starter kit of sorts with martini, beer, shot glasses and a strainer. Im thinking about making something on the right to hang under the glass cabinet to hang glasses from. Also plan on getting a mirror above the backsplash at some point. I loved that color of granite.

+10000!!! Hanging glasses would be the Chiittt!!!!:nice: With all the work you've done, you could have that made in a couple days. I would LOVE that over my bar, but I have a drop ceiling, so I'd have to get tricky with the mounting. A mirror over the bar would be sweet too.