Basics of tuning...

hillie16

Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Is there a guide to this anywhere? I've used search, and maybe haven't gone back far enough, but coming from the pushrod crowd, I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to tuning. So afraid to do something wrong and hurt my car. Thinking about picking up a Diablosport Predator, but should I wait and get it in a kit with a CAI? I know, noob question and I apologize, just don't wanna screw up my new baby LOL.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't mean to create my own tunes really, I just mean the basics on flashing a tune I get to the computer, and saving stock tune etc., although I guess that would all probably be explained in the manual for the tuner? I foresee it getting expensive, having to pay for another tune every time I add a mod.....and a tuner/CAI kit is pretty damn expensive on it's own. More so than the CAI, gears, and intake were together on my '95.

If you're going to get a CAI this spring and then more mods the next year then drop the money for a good CAI and tune. You can always save up more money over the winter for more mods and re-tune the following year. Believe me after feeling the power difference of a CAI and good tune, you'll be happy you spent it.