Bassani Xhaust?

I've had the bassani x-with cats and quiet thunder catback on my car for over 2 years and 25K with no problems. The baffles help control sound within the cabin while cruising (especially since I wrapped them with extra fiberglass insulation), but the system remains throaty at all rpms and roars when you get on it. You'll like it :nice:

BTW, no snap, crackle, and pop here :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

apparently, Bassani has not done a good job in getting the word out there that they redesigned their cats, were given an award for this new design at SEMA, and they work great . . . check out the 5-piece X -- you can run O/R and catted from the same kit, now how many other X-pipes can you say that about?

Actually, out of the box, the Bassani 5-piece X is designed to bolt up to the stock manifolds. If the JBA headers have the same bolt configuration (one side with a ball socket, one side flanged) then they will also bolt up.

In the box with the mid-length headers is the adapter to connect the 5-piece X directly to them. SO, yes you can run O/R then pop the cats back in for whatever reason you'd like.

Have had my bassani since I bought the car almost 2 years ago and ****in love it! It has to be one of the best sounding exhaust out there. also My x-pipe is from my friends 99 and I have had no probs with it at all. Been through a NH winter as well and has not one spec of rust anywhere. It pops little on the decel but not until after the KB went on. I will never buy another exhaust, except for the headers and a new x-pipe to match them.

i appreciate all of your help and advice but no one has yet to answer my question. i know the bassani sounds awsome with the cats but how would it sound without? would it be too much pop? would it be smoother? again. thanx for all of the help.

zkiller18 said:
i appreciate all of your help and advice but no one has yet to answer my question. i know the bassani sounds awsome with the cats but how would it sound without? would it be too much pop? would it be smoother? again. thanx for all of the help.
10 thousand miles since the full exhaust been on, theres no poping at all. Its sounds like a cobra when just driving normal, but once on the gas it sounds like a nascar. Best sounding exhaust ever!!

I did not have a good experience with my Bassani. I had the o/r x-pipe with the Quiet Thunder Catback. They were fitment issues with the Catback. Bassani handle it greatly by shipping me anther catback but it still did not fit right. Anyway the sound was too raspy and it had the infamous coins in a tin can sound. Their was one person next to me on the street that said "Pretty loud for a car that does not go anywhere". This when I put my H-pipe and MAC Flowpaths back on. The car is still loud but deeper and meaner IMO. The exhaust advice is going to be different from person to person. What appeals to others will not to some. Just get what you like.

hey kboy. thanx for the advice man. i have not yet decided on an exhaust. i see you are from New Orleans. i was down there a few weeks ago. i was on Canal street when a white mustang came bye me. it looked like a 99-01. different wing than my '03. anyway it sounded like flowmasters on his car. AWSOME. it sounded great. this thread was mean to help me decide and i appreciate any input good or bad. thanx again.

No problem. To be honest with you, if you are staying N/A and not planning anything huge to do to your car I would just get the MAC o/r H-pipe. It is cheap in cost and mine is over 2 years old with no problems (I usually keep all my old parts) You can get the H-pipe for $120 shipped roughly. If you go the Bassani route you will spend anywhere between $700 to $1000 just on a midpipe and catback. But good luck with your decision. Any aftermarket exhaust is better than stock!!