Bassani?

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
I was listening to a bunch of sound clips and Bassani sound real good, probably the best sound on the 2v with a bassani catted X. Would I have more or less drone with the BASBX46995S - Bassani Composite Steel Exhaust setup? I have had my current setup for over around 3 years now and it's loud on the highway around 70-80mph. Don't get me wrong I love my setup around town but it's getting old when I want to go on longer trips in the stang.

• Sponsors (?)

From what I have heard on sound clips and read from reviews, bassani is hands down the most refined exhaust we can get. Excellent quality, and a very unique clean sound, just uber expensive.

More than likely those who have it have no drone, and its plenty bearable on the highway, especially compared to the magnapacks.

I've had a bassani catted x-pipe on my 98 Cobra for a while now, and have driven it cross country. With that said, there's little to no drone as long as you properly pair it with the right catback, especially ones that use straight-through mufflers.

Not sure how much this helps since I have a O/R prochamber but I had Mac Flowpath catback and switched to Bassani and it is just a tad quieter all around, less to zero drone. The only thing I miss is that with the Mac I could get on it just a little and make it growl. It was fun for when I wanted somebody to really hear some exhaust. Now with the Bassani, I can't do that. It's got a solid sound the whole time. Hope that helps a little or at least makes sense.

Try this link. They make a shorty x or h for most any LT setup.

With an o/r X, I get a little drone around 2300 rpm. Not too bad tho. Here is where I got my catback from, Bassani BX Cat-back 1999-04 Mustang GT, Mach1 - BX46995S

I think I'm giong to get that Cat back. This will be my third muffler change over the past four years. First was mac flowpaths, then the packs now it will be bassani. All have been paired up with the MRT catted H. I'm going to stick with a catted mid when I get LTs.

I recommend just changing out to some bassani mufflers. The MRT catted H pipe u have already is a very quality piece, & sounds great with bassani mufflers. I had the exact same setup before I went to LT's, & I loved the sound... It was only loud when I wanted it to be, & it had little, to no drone....

I recommend just changing out to some bassani mufflers. The MRT catted H pipe u have already is a very quality piece, & sounds great with bassani mufflers. I had the exact same setup before I went to LT's, & I loved the sound... It was only loud when I wanted it to be, & it had little, to no drone....

Where can I get the mufflers?

i had a catted (high flow cats actually) bassani on my 04 GT with flowmaster single camber mufflers. sounded awesome!!!

i now have on my cobra a non catted bassani running a full 2.5" exhaust into (previously MAC mufflers, same result though) Flowmaster super 44's and it sounds like ass. i can tell the tone is awesome but at a certain rpm there is a metal-ish ting-ing sound. i am going to order some high flow cats as soon as i get the money to do it, they really help smooth the sound out. (mine drones really bad too, although less with the flowmasters than with the MAC's)

i had a catted (high flow cats actually) bassani on my 04 GT with flowmaster single camber mufflers. sounded awesome!!!

i now have on my cobra a non catted bassani running a full 2.5" exhaust into (previously MAC mufflers, same result though) Flowmaster super 44's and it sounds like ass. i can tell the tone is awesome but at a certain rpm there is a metal-ish ting-ing sound. i am going to order some high flow cats as soon as i get the money to do it, they really help smooth the sound out. (mine drones really bad too, although less with the flowmasters than with the MAC's)

I had the mac flowpaths 2 years ago with the MRT H and it sounded real good but with lots of drone. The packs are great and scream but are so loud at 70-80. I think the packs would sound better with the bassani catted X. Actualy I really think the bassani catted X is the best mid pipe out for our cars at least sound wise. Only issue is I'm going to be getting mac LTs this spring and Bassani doesn't make a shorty pipe at least I can't find one.

Beware of the catted-x, as the cats themselves hang pretty low. You WILL scrape, and often.

My setup was Hooker LT, Hooker O/R X, Bassani SS catback. I never heard a better sounding Mustang (IMO) and it was wicked and dare I say "exotic." :)

Yes the cats hang pretty low cause they are the round type not the flat type.
Mine are about 3 inchs off the ground, you have to take it easy on speedbumps.
The bassani does come with interchangable strait off road pipes to replace the
cats if you so desire. The sound is deep and smooth at idle and gets more
of the X pipe sound the harder you get on it. Ive only scraped 2 times in the last
year and it didnt do any damage. Oh yeah...... no drone.

Yes the cats hang pretty low cause they are the round type not the flat type.
Mine are about 3 inchs off the ground, you have to take it easy on speedbumps.
The bassani does come with interchangable strait off road pipes to replace the
cats if you so desire. The sound is deep and smooth at idle and gets more
of the X pipe sound the harder you get on it. Ive only scraped 2 times in the last
year and it didnt do any damage. Oh yeah...... no drone.

No drone would be nice I told myself I would never get an X pipe lol oh well things change. I my go with BBKs shorty X with cats, the design looks very close to Bassanis and they have the flat cats.

i have more to add to this thread.

last night i had (magnaflow) high flow cats installed on my car. i really smoothed out the sound and eliminated the tinging noise completely. also there is almost no drone. my car sounds really awesome now and its not embarrassing to have someone hear my exhaust. it did quiet the sound a bit, but thats ok cause i can cruise and actually hear my radio. oh and san~man, the cats dont hang that low at all, at least not enough to make a noticeable difference....but i guess thats the difference of installing everything yourself with a friend as opposed to having a shop do it. the shop will just throw everyting up there cause thats all they need to do then onto the next car, but my friend and it took our time and made sure to tuck everything up there really nice.

so to recap
bassani x - no cats - chambered mac mufflers
sounds like s**t
bassani x - no cats - chambered flowmaster super 44's
sounds like s**t
bassani x - magnaflow high flow cats - flowmaster super 44's
sounds f***in awesome