Bassini Headers

• Sponsors (?)

No you bonehead. Youre telling me that you want to bolt long tube headers to your stock h-pipe. You dim wit...first of all you cant fit long tube haders to your stock h-pip, you have to get the midpipe for your long tubes. The only way to get headers into the stock h-pipe is to install shortie headers. There are alot of brands out there and they all do a good job. just go by your budget. Good luck willie.

willys1 said:
Hey Speedo,what about Bassini shorties(if they make em)Also will the shorties kill my low end torque?Well,what do ya think there,Snappa Head

Bassani shorties would be perfect except that theyre a lil pricey. I would suggest you get some MAC's for around 170 per pair. Performance wise they are equal to basanni. I have some unequal MAC shorties on my 89 and bolted right up without a prob. shorties is the way you wanna go without all the custom exhaust work which is a pain in the ass. They added around 15 hp to my lil 5.0...worth the bargain.

Shorties supposedly do not take away from you bottom end like a long tube might.
You can get away with the 1 5/8 tubes. I just purchased their 1 3/4 tube shorties. But I wanted to kill some low end for top end. At least that's my theory. We'll see if it works.
And even the 1 3/4 bolt up to the factory exhaust.

I thought long tubes increased bottom end torque...from what i know long tubes give you more low end...as for willys the dim wit well go with 1 5/8 to prevent any trouble with installation and they will not kill bottom end. theyll give you both from both worlds...

speedo said:
I thought long tubes increased bottom end torque...from what i know long tubes give you more low end...as for willys the dim wit well go with 1 5/8 to prevent any trouble with installation and they will not kill bottom end. theyll give you both from both worlds...
Excuse me,cant we all just get along without name calling,Cool so best of both worlds,I take it they will add to my bottom end torque?