Batter relocation(hatch) installs... pictures? suggestions?

staticc

Founding Member
Sep 28, 2002
Jupiter, FL
well before i install the 12" sub, and amp in my fox.. i want to pick up a battery kit to move it to my trunk. might as well kill both things i plan on doing at once right? instead of wiring the system up completely. and rewiring it all a week later when i get the battery kit :shrug:

well which kits have you all tried or used? id love to see pictures of the results. and here how the install went. or install pictures would be nice too :)

id like to find a kit with a polished sealed battery case. or one i can carpet to match the hatch.

thanks
derek :flag:

*edit* i meant battery :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

tvmango said:
summits brand is a really nice kit for $45.00, i was shocked at the qaulity when I got it.. But if you want the shiney bling bling, it's your money....

nah i just thought it would be nice.

i saw the summit kit in my summit magazine.. but it looked like a cheap ass plastic box for the battery?
i figured the box was junk so skipped over it and kept looking
:shrug:

I used a Taylor kit, with a Optima battery so it wouldn't need a sealed case. Aerospace makes a sweet billet hold down for this battery I may get though, even though you can't see it...
432856_23_full.jpg

432856_58_full.jpg

wow stangbear427!
nice setup. really clean when its covered.

im planning to fiberglass my 12" into my wheelwell, so i dont know how im going to go and hide that battery in the back.
but i want a cleaner engine bay and the weight on the back wheels

so ill figure somethin out

I purchased the summit kit. I must confess that the directions are incorrect. They don't even list all the parts that came with it. Also, the parts seem to conflict with what the directions tell you to do. I guess I should probably call their tech support, but I also just thought that since the box has vents in it and I have a hatch, it might not be such a hot idea to install it.

Asgard said:
I purchased the summit kit. I must confess that the directions are incorrect. They don't even list all the parts that came with it. Also, the parts seem to conflict with what the directions tell you to do. I guess I should probably call their tech support, but I also just thought that since the box has vents in it and I have a hatch, it might not be such a hot idea to install it.
I didn't look at the directions,, but it's a good Idea to get a battery like the guy above, thats sealed if it's going inside your car. Ijust think its a nice kit for the money, there is no way to piece it together for cheaper than that! good value.

staticc said:
wow stangbear427!
nice setup. really clean when its covered.

im planning to fiberglass my 12" into my wheelwell, so i dont know how im going to go and hide that battery in the back.
but i want a cleaner engine bay and the weight on the back wheels

so ill figure somethin out
Thanks! Compliments will get you everywhere. All that doubles as my front to back weight distribution balance, and winter weight on the rear. I don't know about hiding the battery, but there is all kinds of room back there- regardless of where you put your sub; most folks stick it in the back right corner though.

I JUST (like 20 min ago) finished wiring up my battery cables to go to the trunk. I routed my cable inside the fender, and through a small hole in the firewall (hole in firewall was used for cruise control). I routed it along the inside of the car, with the chassis harness and up into the trunk.

I used 1/0 cable to go from the starter selenoid to the rear of the car. I was about 6" short, so i used my old battery cable to go from the 1/0 cable to the battery. For a ground, i used a BIG cable (bigger than 1/0)... i routed it through a hole in trunk pan and attatched it to one of the bolts on the quad shock bracket.

Test started, fired RIGHT up... i cleaned all my grounds real well, i'd recommend you clean all your grounds as well when you do this.

I'd have some pics, but my digicam crapped out when i was about to take some.