battery light when rpm's hit 4k

So i have posted this issue before i.e. right around 3.8k-4k, voltage drops and battery light comes on, flickers, then goes away after that rpm range.
Thought i had fixed problem when i bought a quality PA Performance alternator (after i thought the remanuf one i bought that lasted 6 months prior was no good), however issue is still there.

I have heard that if my problem exists as it does, it could be the voltage regulator on the alternator. I am beginning to think its NOT the regulator and something else with my car that is causing these regulators to short as i couldnt have got 2 badd alternators.

what could be other possiblities non alternator related that could cause this issue on my car?

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

The voltage regulator is inside your alternator and is not user servicable. Typically the whole alternator is replaced. The odds are small but maybe you did get a bad 2nd alternator.

Pull yours off and take it to get bench tested at a parts house.

If the alternator output voltage briefly becomes too high, the internal regulator will turn on the lamp and shut down the alternator until the voltage drops to a safe value. You could monitor your alternator + terminal with a meter to see if the voltage rises above 16V as you increase engine RPM. Be careful and wear eye protection. If yes, some likely causes are poor battery connections, a damaged wire between alternator and battery, or a battery with a high internal resistance (this condition can be intermittent, and often worse in cold weather).