battery size ?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by notched1, Oct 16, 2004.

1. I did a search under "Optima" hoping to get the model/size for an 89. Understand the 'redtop' model is best , but do I need a certain part # ?(the optima site had no listing for 89-93 mustangs... cheers
  2. there is only one size for the red top and it will fit all cars to my knowledge, but i know it will fit mustangs. I have a yellow top, which is a little bigger and its fine.
  3. yellow tops are better than reds. something with the charging of reds make them suck. technically optimas don't fit a mustangs stock battery mount you would have to find a way to fit it or move battery to back
  4. Do you have an optima? Mine seemed to fit in my battery area, of course the hold down probably wouldn't work, although I never tried. The only thing about mine was that it's shorter than the stock battery area and so it would slide down and pinch my overflow hose, but I threw a piece of wood in there to hold it back and it's fine.

Part Number: Red34/78
    Model Number: 9083547
    Cranking Amps: 980
    Cold Cranking Amps: 800
    RC (no idea what this is): 104...maybe recharge rate?
    Price: ~$120 at pepboys
  5. yes i have an optima and i didn't say it couldn't fit i just said you would have to find a way to make it fit, i.e. throw a piece of wood in there.