Battle over cheap exhaust

98V6 K.I.T.T.

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
Everett, Washington
Ok, long story short.....I just don't have the money like I once did (student loans and house payments). With that being said I just can't stand having the stock exhaust anymore, I've had it for 3 years now. So...a nice catback isn't really in the budget, so I'm going to get some weld ins and have a good welder that can do them for cheap. I'm trying to decide between Dynomax Race Bullets and Flowtech Afterburner mufflers. Both of these mufflers are extremely cheap and it will do the trick for me. Please note I will be installing an O/R H or X pipe shortly afterwards. I've listened to both and they are both different but nice, just wondered if anyone has had either of these and had some GOOD opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

I havnt heard much of the Afterburner's, but you cant go wrong with the Race Bullets. If you like the Flowtechs go with them.

Heres a suggestion though... find out how much it will cost for the mufflers + installation and keep in mind you can buy an entire Mac catback for $320 shipped (thats what I paid for mine).

I havnt heard much of the Afterburner's, but you cant go wrong with the Race Bullets. If you like the Flowtechs go with them.

Heres a suggestion though... find out how much it will cost for the mufflers + installation and keep in mind you can buy an entire Mac catback for $320 shipped (thats what I paid for mine).

Well, I wanted a Borla Stinger catback..but it's just too much for an exhaust. I love the MAC flowpath sound but the exhaust system quality scares me a tad. I figure that I can get some cheaper mufflers under 100 for a pair and most exhaust shops will charge about 75 dollars. So for under 200 bucks you can have a pretty good exhaust. The welding I might be able to have done possibly for little to nothing which it would be an easy decision at that point.

Well, I wanted a Borla Stinger catback..but it's just too much for an exhaust. I love the MAC flowpath sound but the exhaust system quality scares me a tad. I figure that I can get some cheaper mufflers under 100 for a pair and most exhaust shops will charge about 75 dollars. So for under 200 bucks you can have a pretty good exhaust. The welding I might be able to have done possibly for little to nothing which it would be an easy decision at that point.

Mine have held up pretty good so far. I dont live in the snow belt or anything and I got them with the Durablack coating.

Theres nothing wrong with weld ins, I was just making sure you were able to get a better deal than getting a full catback...:nice: