BBC in a fox?

• Sponsors (?)

you would probably be better off using motor plates, there are a ton of guys that have done this, and most of the fastest stock suspension record holders in drag racing are using powerplants based off of the big block Chebby.

details on the 468?

go check out yellowbullet.com they have alot of fast guys with similar setups on there

There's really not anything special about the 486 lol It still has a iron intake on it lol But I do plan on swapping in a fairly nice cam, intake and rockers. Oh and it is a oval port motor. Will be on the stock bottom end and heads. Just way too easy to go really fast on a motor of this power

You'll need a Big Block Chevy to run with with a Small Block Ford!!

Here we go!

3127_1564_bud-light-otter.jpg

So he should spend more money to build a motor that will make equal or less power than his 468.

What is so hard to understand, he has a car, has a motor, and dosent wanna break the bank... seems like a good idea to me.

the mopar guy is right, you are on the wrong forum. these guys would rather see you drop a head, cam, intake 302 in it and run 13's then go 10's with a BBC for cheap...

u cant make every one happy. i say its your car do what u want with it. when i was doing my bbf with a turbo people was saying u can do that with a small block. my cars cage was good to a 7.50 in the 1/4 but they changed the rules and i had to change the cage alot. so i sold the turbo and was just doing a bbf and people was making over 1,000 hp with my set up n/a. show me a sb making a over 1,000 hp n/a. a bbf or bbc just look mean in it.

bigturbo.jpg

View attachment 196434

When you bolt that big yacht anchor into the nose of your car, you're gonna find that it doesn't matter if it makes 500hp, it isn't going to go 10s in the quarter mile. You'll be lucky if it goes 13s after it blows the tires off in every gear, and then you're going to spend more on the suspension trying to make it hook than you spent putting the engine in.

When you bolt that big yacht anchor into the nose of your car, you're gonna find that it doesn't matter if it makes 500hp, it isn't going to go 10s in the quarter mile. You'll be lucky if it goes 13s after it blows the tires off in every gear, and then you're going to spend more on the suspension trying to make it hook than you spent putting the engine in.

the torque of the big block is going to make up for the extra weight, and yes, you will have to set the suspension up to make it work, just like if you had a 500 hp small block you are going to have to get he suspension right. I was wrong in asuming that was obvious

It's not about torque, it's about weight transfer. I know guys hook with big blocks everyday, but i also know a few guys who will tell you if they had to do it again they'd go with a stroked Windsor and a turbo and make the same power with less weight over the front wheels and a more consistent hooking car.

By the way if you seriously think that car is going to run 10s that easy, please for the love of God PM me when this car hits the track because i have to see it. If this were as simple as dropping in big blocks and going 10s, don't you think people would still be doing it?