BBK 78mm TB?

• Sponsors (?)

I saw a post aboot this a while back and i think the general concencus was that 78mm would be overkill on a NA setup but with boost it would be a good piece. I pretty much agree with that. I think its kinda cool looking IMO

I saw a post aboot this a while back and i think the general concencus was that 78mm would be overkill on a NA setup but with boost it would be a good piece. I pretty much agree with that. I think its kinda cool looking IMO

Overkill....yes. But not to the point where it would have any kind of detremental effects on power. You may not be able to utilize all of that airflow on a stock engine, but it's not going to cost you anything across the board as far as torque or horsepower either.

As far as Mod motors goes, bigger is almost always better where throttle bodies are concerned. :nice:

man, i was actually thinking about this product for my next future mod.
should i jus get a bbk plenum and bbk 75 mm throttle body then?
any imput from the wise is always good.

If you've got big or even moderate power in your plans (Heads, intake and/or power adder) go ahead and grab the 78mm intake combo. It's cheaper than buying them seperatley and I doubt (unless you plan on going with a Positive Displacement supercharger in the future) you'll ever need to swap it out, or upgrade to anything different.

If simple bolt ons are all you're after, then this unit isn't necessary....but then again neither is a 75...or even 70mm T/B swap for that matter. :shrug:

man, i was actually thinking about this product for my next future mod.
should i jus get a bbk plenum and bbk 75 mm throttle body then?
any imput from the wise is always good.
Don't not buy it (even if mating it up to the intake piping might be almost impossible) just because it wont help for sure over 70 or 75's. We're just saying that buying bigger isn't needed to make power in this case, it'd be like buying bigger shoes to run faster; if you don't need bigger shoes you wont run any faster - ya dig?

a plunum and 75 mm throttle body would be best FIT then huh?
because i have the bbk plenum and throttle body combo on my 98, and its great. however, i never really heard anything about the throttle plunum until today. and like a few others, i didnt think it would be a big differense from 75mm to 78mm. but, i guess so.
but your imput made sense, thanks chris.

a plunum and 75 mm throttle body would be best FIT then huh?
because i have the bbk plenum and throttle body combo on my 98, and its great. however, i never really heard anything about the throttle plunum until today. and like a few others, i didnt think it would be a big differense from 75mm to 78mm. but, i guess so.
but your imput made sense, thanks chris.
Anytime man, I doubt I even need all 75mm's with ported heads revving to 6300

like i said, good imput mang, and hows your school schedule this quarter?
ne time for a shoot?
For sure - bust my ass tues-thurs with classes then spend a good amount of the rest of the week writing and reading. But i do have fri-mon technically off. But paint definitely took a beating the 3 or so months it was being wrenched on since i never had the car cover on and couldn't wash/wax it with no hood on.

For sure - bust my ass tues-thurs with classes then spend a good amount of the rest of the week writing and reading. But i do have fri-mon technically off. But paint definitely took a beating the 3 or so months it was being wrenched on since i never had the car cover on and couldn't wash/wax it with no hood on.

i bet man, im not talkin anytime soon cause i go tuesday/wednesday/thursday to school then usually work friday nights through monday morning, and my job is anal, so anytime i needa request a day off, it has to be waaaay in advance. hmmm, i think we have november 11th or 13th off for some reason, and its a tuesday too,

you guys have that tuesday off?

I have it, swapped out my 75mm Accufab and plenum for it because I've been chasing down an idle issue.

Any way performs the same as the accufab as far as I can tell. It was a nice piece, typical BBK part requires about 5 minutes with a push pin to clean burrs off but for the price, who cares. Everything fit very well. AND I even knocked my idle down about 200 more RPM than the accufab was letting me.

If you don't have a plenum and T/B allready, it's a good purchase. If you do have one, ya don't need this.