BBK H-Pipe Fitment

88GThatchback

Founding Member
Jul 8, 2002
Livermore, CA
I just put on some BBK shorty headers and BBK hi-flow h-pipe. I had a hell of a time getting the h-pipe to line up to the headers. I also had to bend the hangers to get them close to the holes. Anyone else have this problem? But other than that it sounds a lot better and is louder. Hope I can pass emissions with it.

Clay G.

• Sponsors (?)

yes i had the same problem had to drop it back down several time (to re-adjust the hangers)and if your not working with a lift that is a P.I.T.A cause that sucker is heavy.but it isnt a direct custom exhaust shop peice either.(it is made by thousands a day) you should be able to pass emisions the first set of "cat" looking things are called pre-heaters and they get the gases hotter to be burnt better by the time they reach the convertor just run the car for a good 45 mins to a hour and get the cats hott as hell and put some smog pass chemical in the tank and you should roll better %'s than stock. (if you ever decide to go louder just weld in some 1-chambers and you will be beastly)

GOOD LUCK!!!