BBK header clearence issues...

SilverBullet00

Jul 5, 2004
Wichita, KS
I thought I would post this so everyone would be aware of this clearence issue with the BBK long tube headers.. I have talked to several people that had a problem with the passanger side header hitting the engine mount. The engine mount actually gouges the primary. After my cam install I think my headers are on bowrrowed time :( Many people I talked to didnt realize that more people where having the same problem- thus the reason for the post.

View attachment 448151

When I was putting my headers back on (the 2nd time) I grinded the engine mount a little to add some releif, so I hope it helps. By the way, the gouge to the left isnt that bad, but the one on the right is about 1/4" deep.

Comments? Questions?

• Sponsors (?)

a lot of people have good luck with there headers, I however am not. My ceramic coating is actually peeling off. After much fighting BBK said if I pulled them off the car and waited 3-4 weeks they would strip and recoat them for me.. how nice, unfortunetly I cant have downtime as this car is my daily driver.

this may seem odd but it is related...when I got my JLT CAI it had a note in the instructions stating that on some years they have found Ford used up to 3 different motor mounts which put the engine in a slightly different spots and may cause fitment issue. Maybe this is the reason some are having a problem with the BBK's and some are not.