BBK or NOT??

JTAM963

Sep 5, 2004
Some 1 in classifieds is selling offroad bbk shorty hpipe which will work with LTs which I plan to do..You think with super 40 flows it will keep a deep rumble sound and does the BBK off road shorty pipe bolt in place of stock??:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

You wont be disappointed with the setup you have in mind... I have BBK LT's a BBK O/R H pipe and flowmaster delta 40's and not to sound cocky or anything but I think my car sounds just about as good as any other mustang I have ever heard. Its loud but not too loud until you get on it, then it sounds like a rabid beast.

you wont be able to use that or any mid pipe thats made for LT headers on stock headers. you would need a set of BBK LT headers to use that mid pipe.

also im pretty sure with LT's you also need to run their specific mid pipe, meaning mac headers= mac mid. bbk= bbk mid. slp= slp mid

If I was to do it again I probably would go with another brand other than BBK... I have the Ceramic Coated LT's and the bottom of my Headers at the collector are all rusted up as the coating has come off. Dont know if it would be the same with all other Ceramic Coated Headers or not though? The main reason I would go with another brand though is that if I ever need to drop the tranny I have to unbolt the passenger side header. That turns a couple of hours job into an all day job. I think Bassani and a couple of other brands makes a header that allows for enough clearance that this is not required but I am not positive. As far as power gains, I raced another GT with pretty much the same bolt ons as me but stock headers and an O/R X and I just walked away from him... So the power is definately worth it...

I thought I read before that some headers only work on manual transmissions? I need to know for sure because some guy shipping me a bbk shorty hpipe and then ium going to buy some bbk lts