BBK quality issue??? take a look....

My95.0L

Founding Member
Oct 16, 2000
Ponchatoula, LA
Here's the 70mm I just bought:
bbk3.jpg

As you can see the holes drilled for the TPS are off-set.
Here's a pic with the new BBK next to my old BBK that broke the throttle shaft & the stock t-body. Notice the OEM & the old BBK the TPS holes are not offset:
bbk4.jpg

I called BBK and they had to ask the CNC machine shop. They called me back & said it was suppose to be like that (offset). I asked for a reason why and he could not give me an answer. Can you guys think of a reason to offset the TPS?

• Sponsors (?)

I've already sent one back to Summit. The 2nd one showed up the same way. That's when I thought it was a machining issue and called BBK. At first they seemed puzzled but interested to help. Then when they called back I got the "it's suppose to be off set" answer.

I put it on a few days ago & had a tough time with the idle. Finally got it to idle @ 900rpm. I was mainly wondering if anyone elses was off-set.

I shouldn't have to slot the holes in the tps, it should be right when it comes out the box.

I forwarded a link of this thread to the guy I talked to at BBK.

My95.0L said:
I put it on a few days ago & had a tough time with the idle. Finally got it to idle @ 900rpm. I was mainly wondering if anyone elses was off-set.

I shouldn't have to slot the holes in the tps, it should be right when it comes out the box.

I forwarded a link of this thread to the guy I talked to at BBK.

You should always check the TPS to make sure its right...plenty of guys have to slot them to get the right setting. Even if they "say" its right out the box...double check especially if u are having idle problems. Do u know how to reset the idle?

nmcgrawj said:
You should always check the TPS to make sure its right...plenty of guys have to slot them to get the right setting. Even if they "say" its right out the box...double check especially if u are having idle problems. Do u know how to reset the idle?

Yeah I know how to set it, but I thought SN95's didn't have to be set, only the fox style?

My95.0L said:
Here's the 70mm I just bought:
bbk3.jpg

As you can see the holes drilled for the TPS are off-set.
Here's a pic with the new BBK next to my old BBK that broke the throttle shaft & the stock t-body. Notice the OEM & the old BBK the TPS holes are not offset:
bbk4.jpg

I called BBK and they had to ask the CNC machine shop. They called me back & said it was suppose to be like that (offset). I asked for a reason why and he could not give me an answer. Can you guys think of a reason to offset the TPS?
I've never heard of somthing like that.2 of my buddy's run BBK,s, they are not like that. My Accufab came with the holes matching oem pattern, bolted right up with o issue. Sounds to me like they are trying to back peddle from a quality issue. If they don't acknowledge the issue,,you could alwayse send it back and buy an accufab??? Its a real nice piece..

Something tells me they sent out a lot of them like this and they don't want to fess up to it. Like I said earlier, this is the second one sent to me like this.

Is Accufab made a unit for 1994-95 throttle bodies, I would already have one.

my bbk 70mm is the same way as yours, the tps is offset. i got the t-body on and bolted up good and everything and the idle was terrible and the throttle linkage kept sticking. i was pretty pissed off at the time so i took it back off and haven't gotten a chance to look at it again. so your not the only one man.