BBK shorty headers

• Sponsors (?)

i wouldnt put flowtechs on a honda, let alone my stang. ive had several people here in nc try flowjunk, only to trash them and swap out for mac, bbk, on and on u get the idea.

you obviously never had a pair, there great headers for the price, and make good power...

go ahead and waste you money on shorties, i cant wait to see the thread "why didnt i gain any hp from shorties" haha:rlaugh:

Why not buy a used set of BBK, mac, or whatever for about the same price of the BBK shorties? The uncoated shorties are $300 and coated are $400 on AM. I have seen used sets of LTs with mid pipe go for around $400 on the corral. Or as others have said the flowtechs aren't that bad(real close to hooker design).

im hearing all the talk about horsepower, what about torque? like i said from what i saw of the stock manifolds to the wide open header design they gotta be better over all.

Even if there was an increase in torque (it would be slight if anything) it would not serve you any good, horsepower is what makes a car faster or slower... torque just moves the power curve around.

IMO if you want improved sound and that's ALL you care about then Shorties might be an ok mod. But, it's laughable to call shorties a performance mod as the stock manifolds flow just as well.

the reason i hate flow tech is i used them on a 3rd gen firebird formula and burnt through 2 of the runners rite off the head. there where no power adders on the car, just h,c and they wer less then 2mths old and flowtech wouldnt honor there waranty

Not even then. Even FI, there is no scavenging nor a reduction in restriction from shorties. If you don't want long tubes that's one thing, but if you are purchasing shorties for performance, put that money toward PROVEN mods like cams or heads

yea but what most dont understand is that every little thing helps, but when theres only spurts in money funds i can only do with what i have. cams are not an option this go round because theres not enough money for that and a tune, in a few months will be a different story. also heads, i dont think so, now if someone is willing to donate then thats fine too. bbk is stating 8-12hp with the application of these paticular header, now if thats wrong then there false advertising.

bbk is stating 8-12hp with the application of these paticular header, now if thats wrong then there false advertising.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

:rlaugh:

Yes, if you have a car making 800 hp, then going from the stock manifolds to shorty headers may net you 8 horsepower. But they do nothing at our power levels. This subject has been beat to death (and resolved) for years. Power wise, shorties do nothing for our 2v cars. Long tubes do.

</thread>

well phat cat you can be a smart a** from what i gathered. i never said i wasnt gonna do cams, i dont have the money for them rite now. regaurdless, its like anything else you gotta find ou the combonation there using to net the hp, but that being said, im buying them since the motors out of the car the installation will be much simpler. then cams and tune in the summer when i get the most overtime then and equals more money

You know, I bet those headers are just about what a good set of valve springs cost. Any cam change should include a set of springs as well. springs will give you just as much power as those headers and hey....its a lot easier to do with the engine out of the car.