BBK SSI worth it?

155dB5.0

Jul 2, 2003
Upper MI
Hi everyone,
This is my frist time back on the board in umm...a few years at least! Life has finaly given me the time to start playing with my mustang again after is sleeping for a while. Anyways as the topic said. Is the BBK SSI still having fuel leaking problems and is it worth the chance to try it? IF not i will just go with edelbrock or something i know is quality and will work.

• Sponsors (?)

which one are you talking about? the original twin plennum design or the new box design? ive had one of the old designs and installed a few for friends. in my oppinion dont waste your time. it looks cool but is a HUGE pain in the butt! never got one that actually went together smoothly. firewall clearance and hood clearance is VERY tight. i run the TRICK FLOW myself and am extremely pleased with its fit,quality, and function.

It just a professional products ATM, manufatureing quality is not that great, got it to save some $ but should not have cut corners.

Stick with what you have. It's effectively a Chinese knockoff version of the Edelbrock Performer RPM I and it's well matched to your heads/cam. Just do a light port job on the upper intake to remove any casting flash, clean it up on the outside, and paint it in your favourite colour to give it visual appeal.
IMO, it's not worth the cost of buying the BBK SSI when there's no performance advantage over your PP intake and there's the potential problem of fuel leaks added to the mix.

Stick with what you have. It's effectively a Chinese knockoff version of the Edelbrock Performer RPM I and it's well matched to your heads/cam. Just do a light port job on the upper intake to remove any casting flash, clean it up on the outside, and paint it in your favourite colour to give it visual appeal.
IMO, it's not worth the cost of buying the BBK SSI when there's no performance advantage over your PP intake and there's the potential problem of fuel leaks added to the mix.

I do agree thats why i got it cause it was a Performer RPM knockoff but man its sure is fugly, and the quality makes me frown when i look at it. Things you learn as you get older, you definitly get what you pay for.