BBK SSI

waiting on adjustable fpr should be done this week. Comes with cheap bolts for fpr adapter we snapped both already, fuel lines r forced against valve cover and alternator, have to move map, must have cowl, other than that good thus far
Posted via Mobile Device

• Sponsors (?)

waiting on adjustable fpr should be done this week. Comes with cheap bolts for fpr adapter we snapped both already, fuel lines r forced against valve cover and alternator, have to move map, must have cowl, other than that good thus far
Posted via Mobile Device
Is yours the revised lower?

not that I know of.

Will any aftermarket fpr work with this intake? I thought I heard Brian say that the stock FPR wouldn't work. I might cancel my order and get a BBK instead. Anyone got an idea as to what I should do with the fuel rails? I put an old hose around them but it is still sitting against the valve cover :shrug:

Attachments

• Copy of SSI.jpg
    Copy of SSI.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 64
Before you finish your install you might wana get with BBK and see if you have the newer lower. It seems the first run had fuel leaks where the injectors fit in. It would suck to get it together and set it on fire :(

Has anybody looked at the price of aftermarket intakes lately?

Trickflow Track Heat = $523.99
Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 = $639.99
Holley Systemax 2 = $614.99
BBK SSI = $569.99

How the hell do you consider the BBK unit expensive? :scratch:

Has anybody looked at the price of aftermarket intakes lately?

Trickflow Track Heat = $523.99
Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 = $639.99
Holley Systemax 2 = $614.99
BBK SSI = $569.99

How the hell do you consider the BBK unit expensive? :scratch:

Edelbrock Performer 3821 = $530

Not only $40 cheaper but you can reuse your own regulator/fuel rails, you won't need a cowl hood, and it probably performs at least as well as the BBK SSI without the worries about fuel leaks.
It won't win a beauty contest but if you prefer function over form, you won't care anyway.

Edelbrock Performer 3821 = $530

Not only $40 cheaper but you can reuse your own regulator/fuel rails, you won't need a cowl hood, and it probably performs at least as well as the BBK SSI without the worries about fuel leaks.
It won't win a beauty contest but if you prefer function over form, you won't care anyway.

I'm just pointing out that the BBK is by no means "overpriced" when you compare it to similar intakes.