BBQ Grill!

• Sponsors (?)

"Maybe if I use a smaller mesh so the openings aren't so big!"
that is exactly what i was going to say. hey nothing wrong with trying something out, like you said sometimes it works some times it doesn't. dont ever be afraid of trying something different, hell that was the mindset that built this hobby. guys (like my dad and many of you had fathers or grandfathers that did the same thing would scrounge through junkyards to find stuff for their cars. IMO the car hobby has become a check writing contest (i know i will get yelled at for that, but it is true) when i was in high school your couldnt give away a 60's mustang, now you cant get a project for less than 5k. sometimes i think the hobby has lost touch with its roots. i know alot of you do the work on your cars but the hobby as a whole has lost sight of things. does it look great, that's a matter of opinion. but it's his car and money so hell man go for it.

I give you props for trying to come up with something inventive. I have seen much worst come out of larger companies, trust me. Isnt that mesh pretty heavy too?

With as big an opening as the expanded metal has it's not that heavy! LOL!

I hear you on what comes out of larger companies! I've looked high and low and haven't really seen anything that has caught my attention yet!

"Maybe if I use a smaller mesh so the openings aren't so big!"
that is exactly what i was going to say. hey nothing wrong with trying something out, like you said sometimes it works some times it doesn't. dont ever be afraid of trying something different, hell that was the mindset that built this hobby. guys (like my dad and many of you had fathers or grandfathers that did the same thing would scrounge through junkyards to find stuff for their cars. IMO the car hobby has become a check writing contest (i know i will get yelled at for that, but it is true) when i was in high school your couldnt give away a 60's mustang, now you cant get a project for less than 5k. sometimes i think the hobby has lost touch with its roots. i know alot of you do the work on your cars but the hobby as a whole has lost sight of things. does it look great, that's a matter of opinion. but it's his car and money so hell man go for it.

I agree and disagree with you! I have another project that I'm check writing but only because there is no way that I would be able to build a car to that caliber since I:

a) Don't have that kind of talent since I don't do it everyday
b) Don't have the time to do it since my plans for it were so involved

I will do some things on the car but most of it will be done by someone else! I can say that I did most of the design on the CW project!

John