Been a long time...need some help...Clutch Cable...

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
hey guys, been a long time since i posted over here on Stangnet (but im actually wearing my Stangnet t-shirt today!) lol...

I've had a Fiore quadrant, and firewall adjuster running for a couple years now in my 94 GT... and just yesterday my clutch cable totally bit the dust....

Now if i remember correctly they always recommended the OEM factory self-adjusting cable that comes stock in our cars because its the best cable out there....

am i remembering correctly??...and i also remember when i bought the quadrant/adjuster years ago there was a ford dealer that had an online parts catalog where i bought the cable from and it was way cheaper than anywhere else...any suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

are you still running the OEM adjustment system (plastic thing) or an aftermarket quadrent/firewall adjuster?

maximum motorsports has a kit that includes an OEM cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster Package [MMCP-51] : Maximum Motorsports, The Leader in Mustang Performance Suspension!

ive got the Fiore aluminum quadrant and firewall adjuster...its a very similar setup to the Maximum Motorsports one, except the adjuster is self locking and works on a ball bearing setup...every like half turn it locks itself so there is no need for a locking screw...its a nice piece, too bad they went out of business...

im actually on the MM site as we speak because they have the best price i can find for an OEM cable right now...

You could send a link to this thread to Jeremy Thompson (V8 Only on the forums. He's a member here).

He's used a lot of combos, including the Fiore products, and written a tech article or two on the topic. I might guess he has tried using a MM Universal cable with the Fiore stuff. If not, he will probably have a good idea if it will or will not function properly.

You could send a link to this thread to Jeremy Thompson (V8 Only on the forums. He's a member here).

He's used a lot of combos, including the Fiore products, and written a tech article or two on the topic. I might guess he has tried using a MM Universal cable with the Fiore stuff. If not, he will probably have a good idea if it will or will not function properly.

V8 Only you said? thanks i'll give that a try...