Been a quiet, but fun Summer

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Hey all,

I've been keeping a lower profile, lots of work at home, Deanna goes to college this fall.

One thing I have been doing alot of is instructing and racing. Having a great time doing it too! COBRASK8 has been just phenominal, brutally fast, handling great, a noisy, tossablem, fun track companion! Mid august I have a back-to-back track events at Millville NJ and Watkins Glen.

Here's the monster in action...

CobraatMiata.jpg

Car is a blast! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Just look for the Gel-Coat Cobra everybody is laughing at!

F-em! If any of the trailer-queen crowd wants to run the track with you; THEN they get to call you on Cobrask8's appearance! :D

Otherwise, they're just commenting as posers. :notnice:

Whew! - Where did that come from??????
Probably from rcgroups.com; reading comments from guys watching the other guys coming up with all kinds of "operational improvement mods" to the plane that I - along with a lot of others - fly for fun.
The little critter (GWS "Slow-Stick", for those who give a care) is ugly as a sin.... doesn't look anything like a "real" model plane, spindly, slow, the antithesis of aerobatic.... but the little sucker can be crashed, taped/glued back together, modded to the n-th degree, and it just keeps on flyin'.
While the 'scale' crowd cringes in terror - "What???? Modify my Citabria, Pitt's Special, whatever to carry a still camera/video camera/"ping-pong-ball bomb-drop-device"/whatever? Are you crazy?????????" - Slow-stick guys are hanging all of the above on planes stiffened with CF rods, FF foam, coro-plast, brushless motors and the like and flying the crap outta their $35 model planes.......

Just like cars...... Is it show? Or is it GO???
(We really need a :burnout: icon to follow questions like that! :bang:

Glad somebody has been enjoying their summer....I've been out of work on "medical leave" since May21st, and looks like I'm gonna have to file for SSDI soon.:cry:

Oh, did I mention that this has been an UN-paid leave (no benefit time.) and I am now officially broke and looking at bankrupt?:dead:

The ONLY good thing so far has that I have gotten a little work done on sally, she is now roll-able (if I have to move, or **gasp** sell her) and the drivers door is ready for it's new skin and it should be back on sally by next weekend.:nice:

Damn......where did THAT thunderstorm come from?:scratch: