Been doing so much research i managed to confuse myself

Well I decided to do all my appearance mods first and I am now approaching the end of that...Going to do subframes and some suspension mods this month. Then comes the monster....the engine. I have been reading thru dozens of posts and reading articles....But then I never did anything so now all that info is jumbled in my head.... Basically I was wondering if someone could recommend a recipe for a about 300hp to the wheels of my 92 drop so far it has 373 rear, 18in wheels (also have some 17in cobras). Aluminum DS, will have full length sub-frames. Also will have a semi-manual valve body (lentech) and a rebuilt AOD with some enhanced internals. I am thinking about just supercharging it and take the quick route. But I would like to have an idea of other supporting mods I should get for the motor? Heads? Cam?.....I know this has been talked about alot, but I have researched I just never did anything with the info so I just need some reassurance on the route I should take. Also I need an option without supercharging.

Any advice (even negative) is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

one word... Trickflow...

They have awesome packages (street and track H/C/I) that will pretty much guarantee 300 RWHP on a healthy engine. I am planning to do this in the next year with my truck.

thanks for the reply I am looking into that route as well. But what constitututes a healthy engine? I heard the same thing about a supercharger as well. PLace it on ahealthy engine. I take very good care of my engine in its stock form. I want to avoid buying some hi-po parts only to have my actual engine block fail due to not being able to handle the upgrade.....The whole concept of proper component matching is very confusing.

The stock 5.0L block can handle 450 hp before you start playing russion roulette (spl?). The Trick flow H/C/I set up will get you to about 350 hp (flywheel) and 375 torque. A healthy engine is one with decent compression (anything above 135 would be my limit) and be very similar across the board (within 10/15%). Other factors should be included but this is the main one for me.

I am choosing the HCI set up over the supercharger moslty for reliability purposes. I have a fear of many things going wrong with slapping a s/c on a stock 5.0 (head gaskets going etc.) I want to keep this relatively cheap, and looking at the Trick Flow and s/c options, both are intially similar in cost, the s/c seems like it would cost more down the road to do it properly I think.

These are my opinions and anyone is welcome to comment on them if you feel s/c is more worthwhile. I'm always interested to learn.:)