Been looking for a 94-95 AODE non-vert to add to our stable.

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
My g/f now has a degree and is teaching 5th grade special ed. We are looking pretty hard for a 94-95 AODE non-vert in the area and wow is there some over priced stuff in our area. :nonono:

I even took my car to see two of them so they would know, I know what's up. Still got the story about how the cars are worth so much more than blue book because they are a rare car. The first one they bragged on the phone about it like it was new. Got our hopes WAY too high. :notnice: The car needed a TON of work and they were asking $6k. The ad said always garage kept. I asked how long they've lived in the apts we met them at - 3 years. Then I asked where their garage was. Oh, they didn't have one. :nono:

The next car was a 5 speed so I would have to do the swap. Might swap with mine, but I have a ton of money in my AODE setup. :shrug: The Teal car was cheaper at $3,150... but needed body work/new paint, and some research done on why the CEL was on. Looked like it had been wrecked. Driver's airbag was peeling. Air bag light was on. Looked like salvage yard numbers on the bottom side of the hood. New radiator. It did run pretty descent and had good oil pressure.

Then my g/f found a car in AR. We drove 3.5 hours through the freakin national forrest to get there. The VIN they gave us to run before we went was off a digit. AFTER driving the car, we find out they did hit a deer in the front corner. (Which is fine, mine was like that) I found the back bumper had been changed. (Said it was more recently changed as it had a crack in it.) Uh, okay. When I stopped to check under the hood. I got the pleasure of asking them.... "So, how about that underhood fire you had?" :eek: I noticed the TPS, IAC, alternator harness, and a couple of injector plugs were melted and taped up.

The bad thing, my g/f and I really wanted to love this car. It's an Opal Frost car, with dk charcoal bullitts. The problem is they want just under $5k and it has 18,000 miles more than they told us about. So it's at 160,000. The exhaust is a mess. Equal length rusty shorties, the EGR/Smog is hacked up, it has straight pipes connecting to glass pack looking tube exhaust that is dumped. It sounded like a dump truck. :D

Ugh, this is turning into a harder task then I thought it would be. My friends all want me to get a mod mustang for her. But I know these cars the best. Plus I have a Cobra intake, M/A meter, 65mm T/B, two CAI setups, a ST brace, tons of factory parts... and other things we can throw in the car quickly. Plus we like these cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Did the owners of the opal frost have the DECENCY to look embarrassed when you asked them about the fire? :flame:

If you wanted to risk it, you could always buy the harness and any other damaged parts from badstang123 since he's parting out his. Granted it needs work, but it's hard to find opal frost Mustangs. Tell them all that has to be repaired on the 'Stang and offer them $4k. You can put the remaining $1K into exhaust and a new engine harness.

Man Paul, I know the feeling brother....
1st. You SHOULD be an OPAL.....:rlaugh:

2nd. I looked around forever for another 94/95 that had decent mileage and was in good shape. I found the Teal stick with 85K and the were asking 6K at the dealer...the interior is excellent...there is a hint of a little bender on the rear right fender well and paint chips but the car is still 100 percent stock up to the air box...:D...I went back and forth for weeks looking and could not find a better deal so I ended up paying 5500.00. I must have stolen my Opal 3 years ago for 6K with 59K on it, bone stock. That's why it hard for me to pay 5500.00 3 years later........you want help looking for one over here?
Will

The problem with the opal car was also the fact there was a distinct tapping/thud noise coming from the rear of the engine by the firewall. I couldn't tell if the noise was from the jacked up EGR or not.

Plus, they claimed the A/C worked great on the car a year before when it went into storage. I couldn't get the compressor to even click. It was late in the evening, and I didn't want to be caught out in the car too much longer. No tags/insurance on it, and it sounded like a dump truck.

IF you guys know of any in the area. Please PM me or send me an email. We're still looking. We may go vert if we have too. The plan is for it to be her daily driver. Not looking to make it too fast. My car scares the daylights out of her and she won't drive it. :D

Paul, I am always out on the look out for 94/95's....LOL PM me what you will settle for as far as color...I know you would like a coupe w/ auto........decent mileage......pm me the price range along with the top 3 colors and I will search around.......I have nothing better to do.....lol:rlaugh: I can't sleep anymore....I think teh evilness has come back to haunt me....:mad:

We have 3 red cars. Her only request is not another red one. Not even Laser Red will do. LOL

Price range.... $6k is the limit. If I found a 5 speed car with a BUILT transmission and good clutch. I would consider it and do the swap. I just don't think a stock T5 will last very long in my car.

MHO: You can't even consider any of these if they will be your girl's DD. I will drive total POS and make some less-than-perfect repairs on my cars (because I drive them and I know where to look if another issue arises). But I do professional-style repairs for the womens' cars - we don't want them breaking down.

Keep waiting and find her something that was professionally wrenched upon and is otherwise minty. I'd even pay more for that - it will pay for itself when the car isnt nickeling and diming you every day with more and more crap that's broken or needs work (since people dont seem to be honest about the cars' conditions).

I do know how it is to see people selling crap for a premium. 15 year old V8 Mustang prices should be the other way around with gas prices the way they are.

Good luck Paul.

MHO: You can't even consider any of these if they will be your girl's DD. I will drive total POS and make some less-than-perfect repairs on my cars (because I drive them and I know where to look if another issue arises). But I do professional-style repairs for the womens' cars - we don't want them breaking down.

Keep waiting and find her something that was professionally wrenched upon and is otherwise minty. I'd even pay more for that - it will pay for itself when the car isnt nickeling and diming you every day with more and more crap that's broken or needs work (since people dont seem to be honest about the cars' conditions).

I do know how it is to see people selling crap for a premium. 15 year old V8 Mustang prices should be the other way around with gas prices the way they are.

Good luck Paul.

I hear you. If a beautiful car came along, sure we would go higher. But really we're just looking for something comparable to mine. Which is not show quality in the least... it has door dings, and the interior is a tad rough in places. But it's not disgusting either.

I only gave $7,400 for mine.... 9 years ago! It has 113,000 on the clock, but it was all highways miles from a long commute.

89 blue lx - I wish I was closer to Florida that's a good price and she would love blue. To bad my sister didn't know more about cars. She's in Alabama. :rlaugh: Maybe you need to make a road trip up here and visit Branson. :D

Just depends on the car and how highly recommended it is by someone. There were a lot of 5 speeds in the area. We spoke last night about it. We may settle for a 5-speed and I'll make the swap with my car. See how long the T5 will last, then plan to upgrade it with better parts. I have all winter to swap the cars around. Shouldn't be too bad with the two sitting side by side.

It's funny. I see V6 cars going for upwards of $3500-$4500 here. I think that's stupid. I don't know if they are selling but they don't stay advertised long.

I've been thinking about selling mine and buying a newer A4 Quattro or 5-series BMW. How come there is no one standing around with $5k when I am seriously considering it? (I jump in and drive it and all desire to sell goes away. ;) ) This thread makes me want to keep it more, too.

I'll keep my eyes open around here for you. I'm not sure I'll find anything with a decent price but I'll look.

Good luck otherwise!

Thanks for the help guys. It's sad, I never thought I would see the day when I would value an AODE over a T5... but the bottom line is the work involved in making the swap, plus I have no idea how much upgrading I'll need to do to the T-5 to hold up in my car. I haven't even sprayed it yet. I know I would enjoy rowing through the gears.

Are teh T5 cars worth it (condition/price)? I mean you could buy a t5 car, put your AODE trans in it, then use the parts you need from the T5 car to do a TKO swap into your car then sell the T5 to recoup some cash?

Man Paul, I know the feeling brother....
1st. You SHOULD be an OPAL.....:rlaugh:

2nd. I looked around forever for another 94/95 that had decent mileage and was in good shape. I found the Teal stick with 85K and the were asking 6K at the dealer...the interior is excellent...there is a hint of a little bender on the rear right fender well and paint chips but the car is still 100 percent stock up to the air box...:D...I went back and forth for weeks looking and could not find a better deal so I ended up paying 5500.00. I must have stolen my Opal 3 years ago for 6K with 59K on it, bone stock. That's why it hard for me to pay 5500.00 3 years later........you want help looking for one over here?
Will

i completely agree! i got my 100% stock with 86k on it for $4000. i got spoiled :hail2:

I paid $4600 for my VERY ROUGH 123k mile stock vert 4 years ago.... so I kinda got pooned but I didn't want to look around forever... it was August and I had $$ burning a hole in my pocket... They are not cheap cars...

I just drove a 95 GT with get this.... 69,000 original miles last night. It's laser red with an AODE. The online ad said $6,000, the person said they meant to put $6500. Kinda hoping to get it for $5500 or less. We'll see. The g/f hasn't seen it yet. But I know she will love it, even though it's her least favorite color. Oh, and the B&M ratchet shifter may go in my car. She's going to HATE that thing. LOL

Wish me luck!