Been out of the game for a bit

I've been out of the game for a bit trying to figure out some financial decisions, like Whipple, DD, bike, beater. I'm sure we've all struggled with this. I think I've sworn off the S/C and will be using the $$$ for that as a down payment on a new Cooper S. Yeah. A Cooper S. The go-kart with a roof. Then about $500 more on that car and I'm over 200 hp on a car which weighs 2634 lbs. That's a 13.17 lbs to hp ratio and the Mustang has an 11.61 lbs to hp ratio stock. Still fun to drive but good on gas. I can't stand the thought of not having a 'fast' car, which is why I'm not buying a beater and a bike is just too impractical.

Plus this will give me a good car to rely on while I tinker with the Stang. Which I really want to do.

Just thought I'd give a quick update. Because of that impending purchase I'm probably sitting this season on the sidelines. I did get an X-Cal 2 custom tuned by Rick at Amazon Tuning (http://www.amazonracing.com/index.html) which has made my car a demon at about 4000 rpms. But that will be the last thing I do until I pick up my promotion in the navy at the end of the year.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm glad your doing a mini instead of a ricer. The mini's are cool. Not to far off the subject, but they had a VW night at the strip, there was bugs running in the 9's and 10's with modified bug engines, that was impressive. Made me look at the ole VW bug in a different light and they are cool cars as well. These were the old bugs, not the new ones, those things would fly.