Been so Long!!!

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
Well, heres whats been going on with the old GT... a little timeline.

End of November:

Right front brake starts grinding, wear that same spot tire down to the belts due to bad alignment.

Park the Mustang.

Early December:

Change spark plugs, detail a little under the hood.

Drive it around my neighborhood.

Mid and late December:

Order Summit cross drilled and slotted brakes and EBC Greenstuff pads.

Order 2 245/45/17 General Exclaim UHP tires.

Adjust tune with the Diablosport, added quite a bit of fuel (13.4 - 13.6 AFR on dyno prior to adding fuel.)

Early January:

Take delivery of parts, buy Roush springs off a buddy.

I installed the springs today (old ones were torched, hellishly warped and bowed) and had ran into a problem with the brakes (stripped a bolt, still havnt gotten it out), and I had the tires mounted/balanced the other day.

Hopefully in the morning ill set out to get the alignment taken care of as well as removing that POS shred of a bolt (I went psycho on it, not much left) and finish the one rotor and pad.

AND THEN... DRIVE IT LIKE I NEVER HAVE BEFORE!!!

Whew man, im telling you. I had just gotten used to my MGW or something because when I was moving it up on some ramps earlier I was messing around shifting through the gears and its just a nice snick snick, and I swear my Mac's got louder and deeper... Or this is just what Stang withdrawl is like!!

Its been fun working on this myself, I love taking my time and working on it, learning as I go. I tried using the Haynes manual for some stuff but made better sense out of it myself, lol.

• Sponsors (?)