Before and After Spring Installs

blkgt714

May 3, 2003
LA/Orange County
Posed this question a few weeks ago, didn't get any good responses.

Basically I'm looking for timeslips before and after lower spring installation.. Importantly your 60 ft times.. I ran a 13.2 with my Mach, but it's sitting too high for me. I want to replace the springs and shocks with some Tokicos.. Trying to decide what springs to go with that won't cost me a lot of ET..

So if any of you have before and after results, post em! Doesn't have to be timeslip scans, just your own experience..

• Sponsors (?)

well my times stayed the same, including the 60's, after my install. i installed mac lowering springs about a 1 1/2in drop. i usually have a pretty consistant high 2.0 or low 2.1 on street tires, unless i'm really trying to get it down. my best ever 60 was after the springs, it was a 2.001. hope it helps :nice:

c2see21 said:
well my times stayed the same, including the 60's, after my install. i installed mac lowering springs about a 1 1/2in drop. i usually have a pretty consistant high 2.0 or low 2.1 on street tires, unless i'm really trying to get it down. my best ever 60 was after the springs, it was a 2.001. hope it helps :nice:

Thanks, never really considered the mac springs.. How are they? I assume you are on stock struts right?

i use fox springs and my car is slammed. 60' time in my sig, here's a couple pics of my ride:

fb65fd12.jpg

fb65fd09.jpg

Mike

blkgt714 said:
Thanks, never really considered the mac springs.. How are they? I assume you are on stock struts right?

i liked them really well, not too much of a drop: just right :nice: & i was on stock struts, but i had the strange adjustable shocks. it worked pretty well. although i could do the same times before that stuff, it made it much easier to pull those times, & i was much more consistant.

mike - did you get that 60 time on stock tires, cause if you did :worship: