Before I Spend Almost 400 On A Fan Come In Here !

• Sponsors (?)

It's got a stock clutch fan in it .

Stock fan pulls a LOT of CFM. If you are trying to increase airflow, switching to an E-fan may not help here.

Your fan clutch could be failing. With the engine off, grab the fan and spin it. Does it spin loose, or is it nice and tight and barely spins with resistance?

Stock fan pulls a LOT of CFM. If you are trying to increase airflow, switching to an E-fan may not help here.

Your fan clutch could be failing. With the engine off, grab the fan and spin it. Does it spin loose, or is it nice and tight and barely spins with resistance?
Spins pretty loosely if I remember correctly and I wanted it to pull more air at idle

Last edited:
A lot of us have aluminum heads. When I asked my builder (the guy who guarantees the work) told me to be concerned at a constant 240*F and worried above 250*F. With the KB heat machine on mine I might see 220*F with the A/C on at a light on a hot day. I have a Be Cool aluminum rad and a Stewart water pump.

A lot of us have aluminum heads. When I asked my builder (the guy who guarantees the work) told me to be concerned at a constant 240*F and worried above 250*F. With the KB heat machine on mine I might see 220*F with the A/C on at a light on a hot day. I have a Be Cool aluminum rad and a Stewart water pump.
Thank you sir

Up to you. If you want an E-fan go for it, but you'll have to do an alt upgrade as well if you haven't already.

But sounds like your clutch is freewheeling at idle. Replace the fan clutch and you shouldn't have any issue

They are pricey, but PPI sells the police rated clutch fan that will outlast your car. You are looking at anywhere from $300-$600 to put an E fan and 3g alternator in the car, depending on used or new and what brand.

Oddly enough my car has been running just fine with the Efan and an Autozone reman alternator for years now. LOL
I too was told that I would need to upgrade mine when I added the fan. :shrug:

5-6 years so far so good.

@TOOLOW91 - Before the LS seed was ever even planted into my pea brain 3 cars ago, I stumbled across some stock LS1 fans from a TransAM I think. After about 30 seconds of trimming tabs off, I mounted it to my stock 5.0 radiator and it was a perfect fit. Before you spend hundreds on a name brand fan, you might look into this. You can get the fans and a controller for under $200 combined I bet. It worked plenty well for me.

*edit: if you pull up the Hoopty build, it's in there somewhere in the earlier pages before I put the 427 in.