Belt Problem

• Sponsors (?)

The ac is factory so over 100,000 miles on it, the tensioner seems to be working. If I look straight down the belts it all looks good. Im going to go take a pic of it maybe someone can see something i cant.

Well what keeps happening is one rib off the belt will rip off and smack the hood and battery till it rips off. Then the belt will move up one more rib onto the ac then after a little do the same. The belt only has a few hundred miles on it i dont really drive the car much.

check all the pulleys for nicks.. also check for trueness of each pulley. I had a bad smog pump pulley and it tore up my belts on my capri and my stang has a nicked idler pulley that chewed belts like a kid teething!

I know exactly what it is because my novi kit did the exact same thing when I installed it. Its the spacer behind the tensioner pully bracket on the water pump. Your spacer needs to be a little thicker if its pulling the belt toward the motor, or thinner if its pushing it toward the radiator.
Go get an assortment of washers different thicknesses to try because on mine the difference between my belt going off the front or back was a 32nd of an inch!