Belt Problems! Help!

blzitup

Founding Member
Jan 24, 2002
I ordered a set of ASP Pulleys (alt, water, and crank) and i could not run the belt under the idler pulley up top. I have already had the belt jump off 2 times........

What length of belt do i need to run it under the idler pulley so the belt doesn't jump off.

***It only jumps off when i hit it.

THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

blzitup said:
I ordered a set of ASP Pulleys (alt, water, and crank) and i could not run the belt under the idler pulley up top. I have already had the belt jump off 2 times........

What length of belt do i need to run it under the idler pulley so the belt doesn't jump off.

***It only jumps off when i hit it.

THANKS

Does ASP say you can run the same belt? If you are supposed to, then you ran the belt incorrectly. Check the belt diagram.

You usually can't w/ underdrives. They should tell you what belt to use.
Scott

well, I put a set of ASPs on, and couldn't run the stock belt, you are supposed to, but Iwasn't... so I just removed the idler pulley completely... haven't had a problem at all, and this is after a full season at PR going twice a week, and driving it as a daily driver for the last 4 months, no problem what-so-ever... I know it's not good, but it's worked just fine for me...

-although, I was the only one anyone has ever heard of who had to remove the pulley, or get a larger belt...

-oh well, no one can explain me running a 14.19 w/ CAI and pulleys only either :D

where is the tensioner supposed to be lined up at? If thats bad, how much and where can i get another one at?

I dont think its the tensioner because the belt is tight.....its just not ran under the idler pulley.

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS

blzitup said:
where is the tensioner supposed to be lined up at? If thats bad, how much and where can i get another one at?

I dont think its the tensioner because the belt is tight.....its just not ran under the idler pulley.

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS
437882Tensioner.jpg

THe notch should be between the two lines...If the notch is to the right of the right line...the belt is too long.

If the notch is to the left of the left line, belt is too tight. Having the notch in the middle means the belt is just the right tightness to allow the tensioner to adjust accordingly as the the pulleys spin.

RC

Attachments

• 437882Tensioner.jpg
    437882Tensioner.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 86
Green 94 5.0 said:
when i had my asp pulleys, the stock belt worked just fine.....
Hey Rog...I think we're still on for Saturday. Jose wants to drop by. He is ready to "START THE CAR" today.
I got the FP line remover, Black RTV, Both gaskets, and some more Water Wetter.

Ill call you Friday.
RC