belt routing questions, getting rid of some stuff

• Sponsors (?)

Because the factory tensioner does a better job than any hokey as.s threaded rod and heim joint ever will.

I actually think I might put my stock tensioner back on, my March setup looks pretty sweet, but it squeals horribly everytime I start it up, I've tried different size belts, and different tensions and cannot get the thing to shut up.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually think I might put my stock tensioner back on, my March setup looks pretty sweet, but it squeals horribly everytime I start it up, I've tried different size belts, and different tensions and cannot get the thing to shut up.

I had the same issues with my blower setup. Factory stuff isnt pretty, but it works.

So, what if I do a smog pump delete, would I need to remove the Egr as well? &I is there anything else I need to do when doing a smog pump delete?

Smog pump and EGR are two unrelated systems with no interconnected plumbing. Smog pump supplies air to the cat to aide in the conversion process. No cats (or no need to pass a sniffer) and you can ditch the pump. Just follow the tuning back to the H-pipe and cap it there, as well as cap the tube running behind the heads. There are two solenoids on the pass fender that control the diverter and bypass valves. Either cap the vac ports there, or unplug and remove them and trace the vac lines back and cap them off.

1)I did a smog pump delete, I feel my car rumbles a lil more than it usually does. Sort of makes a wierd noise. Can it be because I haven't took off my catalyic converter off?
2) my temperate gauge bounces a lil. It over heated the other day. Some of the anti freeze came out. Did my thermostat or my radiator mess up?

1)I did a smog pump delete, I feel my car rumbles a lil more than it usually does. Sort of makes a wierd noise. Can it be because I haven't took off my catalyic converter off?
2) my temperate gauge bounces a lil. It over heated the other day. Some of the anti freeze came out. Did my thermostat or my radiator mess up?
What are you trying to accomplish?
Right now it sounds like your causing yourself problems

Am I suppose to remove this or plug it up?

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 90
Am I suppose to remove this or plug it up?
You need to plug that up or remove it and then plug it at the H pipe. However, if you are going to delete the air pump, you need to remove your cat'd H pipe and replace with an "offroad" h or x pipe. Others will also replace the stock cats with some Magnaflow high flow cats that do not require an air pump and helps with a smelly exhaust.

Below is the pipe I am talking about that provides air from the pump to your cats.
IMG_0109.JPG

My old stock cat'd pipe and my new cat'less H pipe. This is from when I deleted my smog pump.
100_1595-jpg.540325.jpg

Below is the pipe from the back of your heads that you need to remove, cut off the peices, and reinstall on opposite sides that you removed with some copper RTV.
100_1605-jpg.540444.jpg

Reactions: 1 user