Bent Axle Tube Rear end trash?

Labora

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2000
Dallas, Texas
Bent Axle Tube = Rear end trash?

I have a rear end from my 95 that the axle tube is bent on due to a wreck (pass side) is the rear end/gear set more then likely trashed?

Should I have it checked out before hauling it off to the junkyard or not bother? (I haven't even pulled the cover off to look at it yet...)

95 Rear end has 4.10s vs 94 I just bought has stock gears so would be nice if I could keep the center section but not at the cost of having gears that whine or something that could possibly break.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

• Sponsors (?)

I have a rear end from my 95 that the axle tube is bent on due to a wreck (pass side) is the rear end/gear set more then likely trashed?

Should I have it checked out before hauling it off to the junkyard or not bother? (I haven't even pulled the cover off to look at it yet...)

95 Rear end has 4.10s vs 94 I just bought has stock gears so would be nice if I could keep the center section but not at the cost of having gears that whine or something that could possibly break.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

I wouldn't assume that the gears are trashed. I believe though that swapping them out into a different differential housing may be problematic with respect to intoducing a whine. I would talk to a shop who does a lot of gear swaps and see what their take on this would be.

Highly unlikely that a bent tube would cause damage to the gear set. Maybe a little damage to the carrier. I say tear into it. I'm willing to bet all the internals are good.

Kurt