Fuel Bent fuel rail...or normal?

boostfrk

10 Year Member
Aug 30, 2011
Colorado
I got my car back together after swapping the lower intake, but upon firing it up the injector for #1 is leaking. I noticed when I was putting everything back together that it seemed like I was having trouble getting the #1 injector seated, both into the intake and the fuel rail, but I tend to be too cautious so I got it to a point where I thought it was OK and moved on...I guess I was wrong.

So, there is a slight upward bend on the passenger side of the fuel rail, as seen in the below photo. It seems to me like this is causing the injector to not fully seat in the manifold and rail.

Is this bend normal, or do I need to try and straighten the rail back out?

I didn't notice this when I took everything apart, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

0_0_9baab04046d46cca3aa00a64194e8b56_1

• Sponsors (?)

Alright, so I think I got it. I had to bend the line down and towards the driver's side a little bit in order to get the injector to line up. I've got the rail and injectors installed, and I've gone through cycling the key 8-10 times and there aren't any leaks. Previously it was leaking where the injector seats into the rail and I don't see any leaks there anymore.

I hate to put the upper intake back on and have it leak again, but by pressurizing the rail I've done the only test I know of to make sure it's together snugly enough.

Alright, so I think I got it. I had to bend the line down and towards the driver's side a little bit in order to get the injector to line up. I've got the rail and injectors installed, and I've gone through cycling the key 8-10 times and there aren't any leaks. Previously it was leaking where the injector seats into the rail and I don't see any leaks there anymore.

I hate to put the upper intake back on and have it leak again, but by pressurizing the rail I've done the only test I know of to make sure it's together snugly enough.
if there was an "o" ring involved anywhere on that part of the rail or the injector i would change it out. they never hold up once parts are installed incorrectly

I got a set of 4 Felpro fuel injector o-rings from the local "parts warehouse". I replaced the upper o-ring (that seats into the rail) for the passenger side injectors since those were the ones I pulled out. I used a bit of Vaseline (trick I heard not too long ago) on the o-rings to help them slide in easier.

Everything is back together now. I've turned the key off and on probably 20 times to keep pressurizing the fuel rail and so far no leaks.

I needed to charge the battery a bit so I'll be starting it after lunch and checking again for leaks.