Best Aftermarket Radio for 2006 Mustang GT

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by Riverart, Nov 16, 2007.

1. kkdoughboy

kkdoughboy New Member

I just purchased the Kenwood DNX7100 touchscreen nav unit. This is the bombay ****. Install was smoother than a babys ass and the sound and navagation is awesome!

2. Riverart

Riverart Active Member

I ended up buying an Alpine single DIN 9883 head unit. It's pretty cool, does what I need it to regarding the iPod. It looks much better than the shaker 500. Went to the LA auto show and found that this weekend you'd get 50% off. I really wanted the Alpine with nav and dvd but just couldn't justify it.

Anyways thanks again!

3. iskwezm

iskwezm Advanced Member

Just so you know, Dual, which is made by Namsung Korea, also makes some Pioneer and Alpine models

4. Drewmotion

Drewmotion New Member

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while, but had to give some props to the Pioneer FH-P8000BT.

I just recently installed one in my 2006 GT with the Shaker 500 and I absolutely love it! I wanted a new head unit primarily so I could hook up my ipod. This unit does that very well - controls the ipod from the head unit or the ipod and as an added bonus also has Bluetooth for your phone, which I've found to work great as well.

I only have a couple complaints, one is the with the AM reception. With the stock Shaker 500 unit I got very good AM reception, and now can only pick up a handful of stations? The other complaint would be that it has kind of a steep learning curve. However, once you figure out the navigation it's actually pretty fast.

Anyway it's relatively inexpensive, has a nice factory appearance and works well.

Cheers!

Drew