Best Bang N Basics

JTAM963

Sep 5, 2004
I know there are a million threads on here about top mods for the buck and what not...I am wondering what is top mods...not including supercharger/nos that one can install with basic hand tools..I know tb/plenum and air intake, but what else is there that you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get installed..Im a college student with spare money here n there...so parts can come whenever, but I only want to do things that I don't need to get installed..I was thinking the Mac H pipe and LTs but heard LTs= HELL..any input guys would be greatly appreciated... :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Short throw is a great idea, handheld engine programmer such as Diablo Predator or SCT XCal2 is also a good idea.

If you want to spend money on your car some basic preventitive maintenance never hurts either :nice:

Kilgore Trout said:
Short throw is a great idea, handheld engine programmer such as Diablo Predator or SCT XCal2 is also a good idea.

If you want to spend money on your car some basic preventitive maintenance never hurts either :nice:

Yep I have like 2x the money in preventive maintence then I do mods, Or else my car would have been in a scrap heap 2 years ago.:(

My car is an auto..So a new mgw shifter won't be able to work am I correct?? I know my cars but was thinking would a Mac Hpipe or prochamber bolt directly in place of stock hpipe? I wanted to do full exhaust work myself Hpipe/Lts but not sure if its possible without paying to get it installed?