Best books for rebuilding 4.6 4 valves

I'm wondering what books would give me a word for word step by step of a rebuild of a cobra 4 valve and trips to get more power and hp out of them? I would like to learn how to do it myself and not worry about engine builders. The books are probably by Sean Hyland but, seeing if there are anymore out there.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally you need to learn from a person who has experience with hands on. Reading is one thing, but experience and teaching you right and wrong is better.

I NEVER agree with blackfang, but building a 4v with no experience will ruin it. if you dont mess up the thrust bearing setup, you will not time it right and bend all of the valves. it is not an easy thing for a first timer. a lot of 4v's donot have keyways. the cams can go in ANY way. there are pre lubing things.

well if your are just going to build the bottom end any good tech manual will suffice. i recommend being very careful with your tolerances and make sure you get the thrust spacer right. you will destroy the oil pump if you get it wrong.