Best car chase movie?

• Sponsors (?)

But there was a movie, mid 80's, with John Stockwell, called "My Science Project" that had an absolutely wicked blown 68 GTO.

Ahhh yes, one of the gems of the 80's. They don't make kick ass comedy/adventure flicks like that anymore. :nice:

Vince: Awww, Mikey c’mon, I thought your GTO had more meat under da hood dan dis?
Vince: Go baby go, go baby go…go!
Mikey: C’mon baby, come on!!!
Vince: Hit da Blowa
Mikey: Ok, hold on (click, whoosh…whistle!!!) [car takes off like a bat out of hell]
Vince: Whoaaaaa, now we are talkin hypa-space!!!

Ahhh yes, one of the gems of the 80's. They don't make kick ass comedy/adventure flicks like that anymore. :nice:

Vince: Awww, Mikey c’mon, I thought your GTO had more meat under da hood dan dis?
Vince: Go baby go, go baby go…go!
Mikey: C’mon baby, come on!!!
Vince: Hit da Blowa
Mikey: Ok, hold on (click, whoosh…whistle!!!) [car takes off like a bat out of hell]
Vince: Whoaaaaa, now we are talkin hypa-space!!!

Right, campy, corny sci-fi, like the fifties, only with technology! And the Goat had one of those extra-rare, switch activated, movie-type huffers, like Maxs' Interceptor had!:nice: Theres a guy in Naperville, Il, with an Interceptor, on Youtube, I want one! I don't have the flick readily available, who was Vince from that movie:shrug:? He did a lot of other stuff-coulda been one of the Jerky Boys, or a Goodfella! And Christine treated first gen Camaro's right!

I don't have the flick readily available, who was Vince from that movie:shrug:? He did a lot of other stuff-coulda been one of the Jerky Boys, or a Goodfella! And Christine treated first gen Camaro's right!
That was Fisher Stevens. He always played some kind of nerd, or bad ass in all his movies. He was probably most famous for being the East Indian scientist in the Short Circuit movies.

Im suprised the Bourne movies haven't been mentioned, unless im the only one who thinks that little Mini cooper chase was bad a? I thought all the Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum movies were very good for car chases..

Bullit is eh imo. It's a decent chase scene but the rest of the movie just plain sucks.

I would have to say my favorite would be the original Blues Brothers followed by the original Smokey and the Bandit. Action throughout the whole movies, and awesome chase scenes.

Bullitt is the king- I read an old Hot Rod about movie car builders, they had to detune the Charger- skinny tires, no sway bars- cuz it kept running off from the Mustang on straightaways. Vanishing Point made me cringe- I dislike when they just tear the car up:nonono:. The shoulda used a Biscayne or some tank like that to destroy. The Falcon XB in Road Warrior was cool, and I especially like when they use trucks in chases, like that Mack tanker. The crane/firetruck in Terminator 3:nice: But there was a movie, mid 80's, with John Stockwell, called "My Science Project" that had an absolutely wicked blown 68 GTO.

I've read some where that is was a camaro that hit the bulldozer at the end.

Good car chase clip from Cannonball Run
YouTube - Canon Ball Run 1

Man, did I love those old Lamborghini Countach's back when I was a kid. Little did I know at the tender age of 10 how much of a POS they actually were. :rlaugh:

It was my favorite car until Miami Vice hit the scene and Sunny Crocket rolled up in that bad ass white Ferrari Testarossa. :hail2:

I've read some where that is was a camaro that hit the bulldozer at the end.

I've always had a million unanswered questions about that chase scene...

Why are there no police?
Why does McQueen go on to wreck his car after he seemingly comes out of the car chase unscathed?
Is that the Charger's horn, or is it some weird melodramatic music playing once the Charger is up in flames?
Does McQueen just leave his car in the ditch (the rest of the movie shows him bumming rides and never references the fate of the Mustang)?
If the Mustang was only a few years old when that movie was filmed, why are it's tail pipes all rusty?

Man, did I love those old Lamborghini Countach's back when I was a kid. Little did I know at the tender age of 10 how much of a POS they actually were. :rlaugh:

It was my favorite car until Miami Vice hit the scene and Sunny Crocket rolled up in that bad ass white Ferrari Testarossa. :hail2:

LOL
+1 on the lambo.
They were bad a$$ looking....
love that car chase.....:nice:

I liked Crockets first car the convertable better